Dr. Oz’s Best Time of Day to Lose Weight Timetable

Options
I have a confession to make to all of you...

I am a single hetero male, but I have to admit that I have a serious man-crush on Dr. Oz. :blushing:

I wish it were only because of the incredible amount of useful information he offers. In fact, it's much more than that. He's geeky, funny, intelligent, encouraging, and some women think sexy (I have no opinion about that...).

Leaving my bromance behind, the purpose of my post was to share an episode I DVR'd:

---> Dr. Oz’s Best Time of Day to Lose Weight Timetable

I couldn't find the video of the episode. But the reasoning behind his assertions seem scientifically valid. Here is the timeline for a given day.

6:30 AM: Weigh Yourself (this means you have to get up! Ughh!)

6:35 AM: Exercise

7:30 AM: Eat Breakfast

8:00 AM: Metabolism Boost (occurs because of previous)

10:00 AM: Grocery Shop (a safe time to shop so you don't buy crap)

12:00 PM: Lunch

6:15 PM: Fiber Supplement

6:30 PM: Dinner

He doesn't mention snacks in there but obviously we need them for the in between times.

I wish there was a clip out there on some of this... it really seemed to make sense.

Replies

• OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Go to his website ! All the info you need is right there ! I don't have a crush on him ... BUT, he is brilliant ! He helped me get soooo much knowledge about nutrition and the right mindset to make the changes I needed ... just an incredible soul ! :smile:
  • Tigermomma66
    Tigermomma66 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think he's sexy (and I am a woman, so I do have an opinion on that). He also shares a lot of really good information.

I like this timetable. I think I remember that episode. I would love to see more information on it and the science behind it. :smile:
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    That's all good and well, but who, with a 9-5 job, can go grocery shopping at 10am???
  • adjones5
    adjones5 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    That's all good and well, but who, with a 9-5 job, can go grocery shopping at 10am???

Yeah, seriously. And who only needs 55 minutes to work out, shower, and have breakfast ready?
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    You lost me at 6:30am
  • trishamarie84
    trishamarie84 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Good to know! This is very similar to my day to day schedule, minus the 10 am shopping trip (I work during the day).
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    You lost me at 6:30am

LOL LOL LOL
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    He doesn't mention snacks in there but obviously we need them for the in between times.

I dont always need snacks in fact, there are days I cant even get a meal break because we get slammed at work (I work as a chef)...
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time putting stock into anything Dr. Oz says.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    The best time of day to lose weight is toilet time.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Oz is a quack. His advice ranges from obvious to total BS.
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I saw his show today, Belly Blasters. I watch the show when i don't work and yes he does have lots of useful information.
  • mtj669
    mtj669 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have a hard time putting stock into anything Dr. Oz says.

Yup, me too.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options

Saturday? Unless you work 7 days/week or need to go shopping every day...
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I have a confession to make to all of you...

I am a single hetero male, but I have to admit that I have a serious man-crush on Dr. Oz. :blushing:

I wish it were only because of the incredible amount of useful information he offers. In fact, it's much more than that. He's geeky, funny, intelligent, encouraging, and some women think sexy (I have no opinion about that...).

Leaving my bromance behind, the purpose of my post was to share an episode I DVR'd:

---> Dr. Oz’s Best Time of Day to Lose Weight Timetable

I couldn't find the video of the episode. But the reasoning behind his assertions seem scientifically valid. Here is the timeline for a given day.

6:30 AM: Weigh Yourself (this means you have to get up! Ughh!)

6:35 AM: Exercise

7:30 AM: Eat Breakfast

8:00 AM: Metabolism Boost (occurs because of previous)

10:00 AM: Grocery Shop (a safe time to shop so you don't buy crap)

12:00 PM: Lunch

6:15 PM: Fiber Supplement

6:30 PM: Dinner

I wish there was a clip out there on some of this... it really seemed to make sense.

Get out of here with that Quack! If you think one size fits all...more power to you, I hope it works for YOU. Maybe you are "latent?"
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    I work rotating 12hr shifts , so I have great trouble sticking to a set schedule like that one.

But I do get the principle of it
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Does reality actually exist before 8:00am? I've never tested this out, but it seems scary :)
  • CandeesLand
    Options
    The best time of day to lose weight is toilet time.

Ha! Seriously!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    You lost me at getting up early. I'm not a morning person at all.