Night time workers???????????

Options
Just wondering.......if you're a night time (3rd shift) worker, how do you log foods into your diary? Do you use afternoon hours as your breakfast time when you wake up, or do you keep it as an early morning thing after you get off of work? I'm kinda wondering if it really matters.

Replies

• Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    i dont work at night but that is a good question. Id say that is a hard one. Id hate that shift. I truly feel for you too. Good luck and i sure hope you can get better hours. To me that would be unhealthy feeling. Is it?

Ill be praying for you and or thinking of you.
  • bighoyt
    Options
    John, I work at night and most of the time I put what I eat during work as my lunch and snack. Then when I get home if I eat I will put it as breakfast and then put my evening meal as my dinner. I always start my new day at midnight. I also downloaded the mfp app to my phone and it helps alot.
  • DinaLKeil
    DinaLKeil Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters...I think in the end a calorie is a calorie-but I'm definately not a professional. I work 2nd shift so I tend to eat later than most people. I think you can label the categories as you see fit though.
  • babyshme
    babyshme Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You can change the time and stuff! Hope this helps.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i work 3-11 alot ..what i do is plan what im going to eat during that time frame and put it in the log ahead of time ..it makes me feel like im committed to what i wrote down. its been pretty successful for me so far . planning what im going to eat for the day is the best advice i can give anyone.
  • chelso0o
    chelso0o Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    That is EXACTLY what I did. And I had set hours of what constituted a "day" (because I tried to stay up during the day on my days off) AND I went to the gym at 8am right after work. I no longer work nights :) I advise against it if at all possible :)
  • wildcard29
    wildcard29 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I work nights too but function normally on my days off cause I have kids so I just have mine set as breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. I just log my foods in that order as I eat them unless I know I totally skipped a snack. I didn't eat till noon today first time but logged it as my breakfast. I see some people have times on their diaries, that might help you too. I had to play with mine to figure out what worked for me. I kept changing my settings in the beginning.
  • john52565
    Options
    i dont work at night but that is a good question. Id say that is a hard one. Id hate that shift. I truly feel for you too. Good luck and i sure hope you can get better hours. To me that would be unhealthy feeling. Is it?

Ill be praying for you and or thinking of you.
  • john52565
    Options
    Well, to be more precise, it's closer to around 6pm til around 4am. Just depends on my trip. I'm a local truck driver, and no it doesn't feel all that healthy. We truckers already have that BIG disadvantage. lol
  • john52565
    Options
    woops....still learning how to reply .. lol...
  • john52565
    Options
    yea hoyt, I got it on my phone to. I really like it! Still trying to decide how to work my plan tho.
  • john52565
    Options
    I work nights too but function normally on my days off cause I have kids so I just have mine set as breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. I just log my foods in that order as I eat them unless I know I totally skipped a snack. I didn't eat till noon today first time but logged it as my breakfast. I see some people have times on their diaries, that might help you too. I had to play with mine to figure out what worked for me. I kept changing my settings in the beginning.

Thats what I'm doing now......playing around with it. I got up at 1pm and had chicken and egg noodles and showed as breakfast. My dinner might be around 5am. I need a frickin day job like normal people! lol