Tummy Hurts

Options
I am beginning to notice that the last week or so (changed to 2% milke from Whole milk) that my tummy hurts. I was surprised that I didn't mind the taste of the 2%.I can't be lactose intolerant I have no problem with WHOLE milk or ice cream. Hmm did have a belly ache after the fat free frozen yogurt I ate yesterday. Any thoughts?

Replies

• allisonie
    allisonie Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm lactose intolerant, and let me tell you it affects everyone differently! For me it's anything creamy. I can have a small amount of 2% milk and be OK, but anything higher than that is game over for me! I have trouble with ice cream AND yogurt. It seems strange that you would be able to digest whole milk without any problems, but not 2%. I wouldn't think you have an issue with lactose. Maybe your body's just adjusting? Or maybe you ate something else during the day that gave you a tummy ache? I guess my post isn't really much help - sorry!
  • smcopley
    smcopley Posts: 34
    Options
    I am lactose intolerant, but only sometimes. Mine seems to come and go unexpectedly for months at a time. It definately affects everyone differently. Hope this helps:flowerforyou:
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Lactose intolerance is an intolerance to the milk sugar lactose. In 2% milk there is more lactose because there is less milk fat. Maybe you didn't react to the whole milk, but there is enough extra in the 2% to cause some troubles. If it were me, I would maybe mix 1/2 whole and 1/2 2% for awhile, see if that helps the problem. If you are o.k. with that - then after 2 - 3 weeks go back down to 2% and see if you can tolerate it better. I sure hope you find something that helps!! May have been too quick of a change for your tummy! :flowerforyou: