Kindles?

Options
Do you have a Kindle? I just downloaded The Hunger Games Trilogy,War Horse,Gunner,Troble with spells.

Replies

• KyliAnnHobson
    KyliAnnHobson Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my Kindle! I just read The Hunger Games trilogy and it was pretty good!
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Kindle for iPad. Love it!!!!

Mostly because I like to read at night and on the iPad it's self-lit.
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I got my kindle over 12 months ago and wouldnt be without it. I love that it reccomends books to me and I can get one in an instant and read reveiws x
  • lostsanity137
    lostsanity137 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have a Nook (Barnes and Nobles version) and I purchased the Hunger Games when it was on sale. I keep hearing it is a good book! I definitely LOVE have an e-reader though! So convenient!
  • shanna0413
    shanna0413 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    i just read trouble with spells. so good.
  • Tiffany572
    Options
    im on Chaper 16.
  • rumbletum
    rumbletum Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm a Kindle fan here too, never thought I'd take to reading off a screen, but I wouldn't be without mine
  • CarolAnn0730
    Options
    Just got this for my 13yr old daughter for Christmas... SHE READS and READS and READS....

Trying to see if our library participates in the electronic check out - I hear some of them are letting you do that now.
  • GretaJane
    GretaJane Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Kindle is awesome! I even take mine to the gym if I'm on the treadmill! :) I just finished the Game of Thrones books and funny people are talking about the Hunger Games cos I JUST downloaded it after a reccomendation.
  • bestrodeo
    bestrodeo Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have kindle for Android and PC for now i read almost a book a night I love Joan Johnston and just finished Both of Lauren Burd's books and so ready for the 3rd one to come out.
  • happyhaunt
    happyhaunt Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Got a Kindle for Christmas, onto my second book already! I love it!
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I haven't read any of the Hunger Games...are they good? I love my Kindle. I'm finishing up Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell and reading Red Mist next...I love that I pre-ordered it and when it was ready it just showed up on my Kindle!!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Love my kindle! I have the old 3G/Wifi one- all my relatives just got Kindle Fires and I'm jealous! I still tend to prefer "books", but you can't beat the kindle's convenience.

And I loved the Hunger Games, too!
  • hereiskristina
    Options
    Love my Kindle!
  • bonnt
    bonnt Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm a Kindle fan here too, never thought I'd take to reading off a screen, but I wouldn't be without mine

DITTO!!!!
    I LOVE my Kindle!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    3 weeks ago we were an e-readerless household. Through the holidays my husband and I received, between us, two Kindles and a Nuk. :bigsmile:
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    3 weeks ago we were an e-readerless household. Through the holidays my husband and I received, between us, two Kindles and a Nuk. :bigsmile:

Yay! Which one did you get?

I have a Nook. LOVE it. I never thought I'd like an e-reader, but now I don't know how I ever made it without one. Best invention EVAR. My husband had a whole bunch of Best Buy gift certificates so he got one for himself too, and now we share books. :happy:
  • MarkKnoxx
    MarkKnoxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Love my nook. I travel all the time so it's a lot easier to tuck that little guy into my briefcase instead of lugging around 2 or 3 different books. I also can convert important documents on my computer to .pdf files and send them to my nook to read or reference later. I'm not sure if the kindle does this or not but I love that feature. e-readers are great!
  • ZombieSlayer
    ZombieSlayer Posts: 369 Member
    Options

Yay! Which one did you get?

I have a Nook. LOVE it. I never thought I'd like an e-reader, but now I don't know how I ever made it without one. Best invention EVAR. My husband had a whole bunch of Best Buy gift certificates so he got one for himself too, and now we share books. :happy:

I got my husband the first Kindle. We jointly received a second Kindle (from cousins) and the Nook (from his parents).

We're thinking of returning one Kindle and using the credit to buy Kindle books. So far we've been using free books from Project Gutenberg (http://www.gutenberg.org/) on the one... the Nook has been used as an iPad (watching Netflix in hotel rooms, checking weather over passes, etc).

Just last night, I was watching a documentary on the Nook (while working out on the elliptical) while my husband read on the Kindle and daughter was distracted by Backyardigans.
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    LOVE my Kindle. Had it for almost three years.