What fires you up to move?

Options
What is it that really gets under your skin to make you want to work harder and push longer?

Replies

• Argharna15
    Argharna15 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    my parents calling me a fat cow next to my sister who's lost almost 200 lbs.
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    Lots of things!

1) Feeling stuff 'jiggle' that didn't used to when I work out, move, etc.

2) Trying to find something to wear then realizing EVERYTHING IS TOO SMALL

3) The last one goes the other way, too, when I've lost weight. If clothes start fitting better I feel super motivated to go further!

4) "No one ever regretted going to the gym." This saying gets me off the couch!

5) Seeing photos of me exactly 1 year ago and realizing I'm still 40lbs heavier than I was then :/ I use my pre-pregnancy photos as motivators to what I want to look like again.

6) Going to the gym and realizing I can't do what I used to. I used to be able to do an hour on the stairstepper and run 30 minutes straight on a treadmill. Now I walk 30 mins and do 10 mins on the stair stepper :/ Makes me want to go back day after day until I can do what I used to!

etc etc etc
  • becky2967
    becky2967 Posts: 124
    Options
    thinking of how angry i would be if i gave up- and in one year needing to lose more. it pushs me to do it now whilist i havnt got loads to lose.
  • Breally
    Breally Posts: 10
    Options
    Great one! I am going to use that!
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have a serious addiction to endorphin highs & being drenched in sweat, finally I've discovered an addiction that's good for me! :bigsmile:
  • hannahbellelechter
    Options
    Bikini season being 3 months away is enough to get my butt off the couch!!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    finally fitting into my skinny jeans, losing inches and pounds, seeing my little muscles popping out all over the place, running faster and feeling stronger. doing things that my trainer says most people cant do, and my goal of fitting into a size six dress. oh and the massive endorphin spike and increase in happiness after working out, knowing that if i miss a few days i will feel totally crappy. physically feeling better while eating the correct foods-nothing fried, no sugar, no soda, no caffeine, no bread or pasta as little meat as possible
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    All the compliments I get at work for the weight I've already lost as well as from family I see only a few times a year. I also keep a photo out of my husband and I from 2.5 years ago where we were at our largest and compare us now! I can't wait to meet my goal this year!
  • shaunadhale
    Options
    i completely agree
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    A great up beat song
  • alapoint89
    Options
    my parents calling me a fat cow next to my sister who's lost almost 200 lbs.
    this one but i dont have a sis
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i think about how much i hated being heavy, and how much i like having a healthy BMI.

i think about how much i enjoy being able to wear clothes that aren't designed to mask my weight, and how much i like being able to wear cool clothes onstage when my band plays gigs.

i think about how i feel when someone tags a photo of me, and i see a thin guy rather than thinking, "that's a bad angle."

also and perhaps most immediate, i think about logging my food and exercise in the diary and what the scale is going to tell me tomorrow morning.

these things keep me motivated long term, which is good, because this one is for the rest of my life. i hope it's a long one.
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Exercise makes me happy ! When I am having a bad day and I feel pissed off, tired, sad....whatever negative feelings I feel..... I throw it all in a workout and push it hard..... Afterwards those negative feelings just seem to diappear. ! Exercise is awesome !
  • suzruns2
    suzruns2 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    All the really nice clothes I have in my closet that I spent way too much money on and now can't fit into makes me move!
    Oh and also seeing the appearance of back fat and flabby arms... Yes, I will KEEP MOVING!!!!
  • vichm
    vichm Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    not fitting into pre pregnancy jeans yet (my boys- YES TWINS...are 5.5months old) I will not be a mum who has a toddler at school and still not lost the baby weight.

The one thing that makes me kick this goal is drive.....I dont struggle with workout... im addicted!! I want to look good for myself, be healthy for my children and a happy wife for my husband!! :happy:
  • Breally
    Breally Posts: 10
    Options
    Love the goals! Awesome!
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    Options
    i love challenges that wet my whistle.. a recent contest that started already at the gym is a body fat loss contest.. its a different contest than most because most are weight loss contests.. ive figured things down to a science to win this thing and i want to see if my heavily researched plan will work .. of course my trainer who i butt heads with a lot and love dearly pushed my buttons by telling me about someone else who is determined to win this too .. theres no way he did what i did so game is on!!!!!!!!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Being called ugly most of my life and everytime I go in a down mode about my self-esteem and confidence.. I have none but always working on it, it just makes me push harder