Ground Beef recipes?

So I have a pound and a half of ground beef in the fridge I need to use... Any healthy suggestions for dinner tonight??

Replies

• Mardill
    Mardill Posts: 140 Member
    Hamburger Spanish Rice
    1 lb lean ground beef; 1 med onion, chopped; 1 clove garlic, minced; 1/2 green pepper, chopped; 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice; 2 cups (15 oz can) tomato sauce; 3/4 cup hot water; 1 tsp prepared yellow mustard; 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce; 1/2 tsp salt; 1 tsp sugar. May also add red pepper flakes, chili powder, any spice you like, &/or mushrooms, but these are not added into my Nutritional Analysis.
    Preparation: In skillet - brown beef, onion, garlic & green pepper. Add remaining ingreds & mix well. Bring to boil, reduce heat, & cover. Simmer 20 -25 mins or til rice is tender.
    Serves 6.
    Per serving: 266 Calories; Total Fat 16 g; Saturated Fat 6.3 g; Cholesterol 56.7 mg; Potassium 518.6 mg; Carbs 15 gm; Sodium 444mg; Fiber 2.1 g; Sugar 4.7 g; Protein 15.5 g; Vit A 6.4%; Vit B-12 29.5%; Vit B6 16%; Vit C 25.8%; Vit E 7%; Calcium 2.7%; Iron 13.4%
    Hope you like this recipe...Marg
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    I love stuffed green peppers in tomato sauce - low carb, low fat, super simple and really yummy
    **You can swap the white rice for brown rice or bulgar wheat

• 1 pound ground beef
    • 1/2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
    • 1 cup water
    • 6 green bell peppers
    • 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
    • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
    • salt and pepper to taste
    • 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning

preparation

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    2. Place the rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and cook 20 minutes. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the beef until evenly browned.
    3. Remove and discard the tops, seeds, and membranes of the bell peppers. Arrange peppers in a baking dish with the hollowed sides facing upward. (Slice the bottoms of the peppers if necessary so that they will stand upright.)
    4. In a bowl, mix the browned beef, cooked rice, 1 can tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Spoon an equal amount of the mixture into each hollowed pepper. Mix the remaining tomato sauce and Italian seasoning in a bowl, and pour over the stuffed peppers.
    5. Bake 1 hour in the preheated oven, basting with sauce every 15 minutes, until the peppers are tender.
  • maryjay51
    maryjay51 Posts: 742
    grill it so the fat drains off of it .. i have a george foreman grill i cook all my meats on. either that or if you fry it , make sure you drain it good ..
  • you could grill some yummy burgers and use whole grain buns and load on the veggies:)
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 921 Member
    Bump
  • bump!
  • Moery138
    Moery138 Posts: 1 Member
    If you are using the beef in a casserole type dish, you can rinse it with hot water to get the excess fat off or my sister actually boils the hamburger in water....not my favorite. However, when you season it for tacos or whatever you can't really tell and you get rid of the fat!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Low-carb meatloaf! Mix that ground beef with two large eggs, one medium-size shredded zucchini or cucumber (or approx. 1 cup of any moist veggie, really, it's just there to keep the loaf from getting too dry), and two tablespoons of either mustard or spicy salsa (depending on what flavor you want). Shape it into a loaf, sprinkle some garlic salt and black pepper on top, bake for 40 minutes at 375 degrees.