Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Veggie Supreme Pizza

So, a little about myself before I begin. I used to weigh 228 lbs and have dropped down successfully to 135 lbs and stayed there! I miss eating pizza, haven't had it in such a long time, and was wondering if I could add it more to my normal diet? I found a place that makes a thin crust, whole wheat, veggie supreme pizza, and figured I could get that with a side salad. Any thoughts?

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    I think I might die without pizza :P I have two options-- I either make it from scratch, which is awesome but time consuming, or I order thin crust and get a lot of veggies. I also get meat though, I just make sure it's all planned into my calorie allowance. Pizza is not really unhealthy, especially if it's made well.
  • As long as it's within your calories, I don't see why not.
  • True, I think the hardest part is finding out the calories. I can go by Papa John's caloric information but its such a difference going from an Italian pizzeria to fast food like Papa John's.
  • sssygirl
    sssygirl Posts: 55 Member
    I think it would be fine to have now and again. You can ask the pizza place for the nutritional info.
    I would suggest asking them to go light on the cheese, and having 1-2 slices. Make your salad full of veggies and low cal dressing. Eat the salad first.
    Great job on the weight loss! I am just starting out!
    You cannot live on a diet forever, so just make good choices even when you indulge.
  • luvtrails
    luvtrails Posts: 48 Member
    Wow, with your weight loss, you obviously know what you are doing! You should be giving US advice!!1 Enjoy your pizza!!!!!
  • Thank you for the input everyone. :)
  • Wow, with your weight loss, you obviously know what you are doing! You should be giving US advice!!1 Enjoy your pizza!!!!!

Honestly, I just calculated how many calories I needed a day to maintain my weight, subtracted 500 and ran 5 miles a day. The weight just melted off literally. I just wish I still worked out lol.