I feel terrible

Options
MOMOFTWO29
MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
today. I have had a headache all day today and told myself that I wasn't going to exercise today but I decided to get on my bike and do at least 30 minutes, well I got on and did the 30 minutes even though I don't and didn't feel like doing it. i burned 392 calories. I am so proud of myself b/c lately I have been a total slacker with my exercise, but I got on today and proved to myself that if I can do it when I don't feel good then I can do it the 5 days a week that I want to do and that I will be starting next week and doing every day Monday- Friday. Thanks for reading. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• littlebigbird
    Options
    I'm full of admiration for you - well done. Hope your headache will be better very soon. I've just got to go and kick the rest of the family off the TV so I can get on and do my step DVD before I eat this evening! :tongue:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    I'm full of admiration for you - well done. Hope your headache will be better very soon. I've just got to go and kick the rest of the family off the TV so I can get on and do my step DVD before I eat this evening! :tongue:

• staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    today. I have had a headache all day today and told myself that I wasn't going to exercise today but I decided to get on my bike and do at least 30 minutes, well I got on and did the 30 minutes even though I don't and didn't feel like doing it. i burned 392 calories. I am so proud of myself b/c lately I have been a total slacker with my exercise, but I got on today and proved to myself that if I can do it when I don't feel good then I can do it the 5 days a week that I want to do and that I will be starting next week and doing every day Monday- Friday. Thanks for reading. :flowerforyou:

Great job! I know how hard it is to work out when I'm not feeling good. Thanks for sharing; it's very motivating!! :smile:
  • rower45
    rower45 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job! I love how you didn't let your temporary state of being --- headache burdened --- ruin your day and your fitness.

:flowerforyou:

I don't know about you but I am starting to get addicted to exercise. The dog and I go for a walk every day and now its more of a jog. She loves it and I am starting to notice differences in my energy, my muscles, and my waist line even though the scale hasn't moved.

But you gotta get up and do it every day. So congrats on your success.

One day at a time.
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    good job! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Thanks guys. this is why I love this site so much, it is you guys here. :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    wtg, laura! drink lots of water--hope your head feels better. :flowerforyou:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Laura, I'm so proud of you! You've been such an inspiration to me and this is exactly the reason why! It's hard to always do the right thing, but you succeeded today with your exercise! Well done!
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Way to go I'm proud of you :drinker:
    I hope your headache feels better soon but you should feel good about rising above it :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    thanks everyone for all the kind words. I really appreciate it. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Good for you Laura!! I am very proud of you for pushing through and feeling good for it!!

:drinker:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Laura

Great job!!:flowerforyou: I am so proud of you. I know you have had alot going on lately. I'm sure jumping on your bike while not feeling good was hard. But you did it and you deserve a giant size HUG and a a huge PAT on the back!!!!!! I hope you check in next week and let us know your progress while you do your workouts. I am looking forward to hearing from you.:wink:

Hugs 4 you,

Kel:heart:
  • katznketo
    katznketo Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Dear Lauramg,
    I read you post but then I read your scripture at the end. That is what i say every time I go walking or am trying to get up a hill. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Wow, I feel like I've found a friend. But then we are all friends in Christ. I have lost 80 pds over the last 6 years. It has been quite a struggle. But I refuse to give up. I am 54 years very young, and am raising a 10 and 5 year old. I can't afford to give up. I really would like to connect with a few good people on this site that will check in every day with me.

Anyone want a buddy group out there? kc
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Laura

Great job!!:flowerforyou: I am so proud of you. I know you have had alot going on lately. I'm sure jumping on your bike while not feeling good was hard. But you did it and you deserve a giant size HUG and a a huge PAT on the back!!!!!! I hope you check in next week and let us know your progress while you do your workouts. I am looking forward to hearing from you.:wink:

Hugs 4 you,

thank you so much for the very kind words. I have been such a slacker with the exercise in the past month, but I am fighting hard to get back to doing the exercise. I not only want to get to my goal but I want to look toned too and not flabby. Yes, getting on my bike while I didn't feel good was hard but I did it and I am so proud of myself and I realize if I can get on it while I don't feel good then I can get off of my butt and do the 5x a week that I want to do and I will do it!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you so much for being there for me Kel. I really, really appreciate it so much. You always have a kind word for me. :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Dear Lauramg,
    I read you post but then I read your scripture at the end. That is what i say every time I go walking or am trying to get up a hill. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Wow, I feel like I've found a friend. But then we are all friends in Christ. I have lost 80 pds over the last 6 years. It has been quite a struggle. But I refuse to give up. I am 54 years very young, and am raising a 10 and 5 year old. I can't afford to give up. I really would like to connect with a few good people on this site that will check in every day with me.

Anyone want a buddy group out there? kc

thanks so much for the very kind words. I remind myself every day I want to give up and have whatever I want to eat (junk food), that I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. it is my motto.
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Laura

You are very welcomed.:love: You are just the sweetest:heart::heart: :heart: We both need to check in with each other this next week and compare notes........

Talk with you soon :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Laura

You are very welcomed.:love: You are just the sweetest:heart::heart: :heart: We both need to check in with each other this next week and compare notes........

Talk with you soon :flowerforyou:

thanks and great idea!!!!!!!!!!!! :heart:
  • cnj001
    cnj001 Posts: 15
    Options
    Its wonderful that you were able.to motivate yourself to do your workout anyway, despite the headache. I have often felt like just getting up to go is half the battle of the workout.
    Also, you have beautiful children. I noticed them on your ticker. :)
  • MOMOFTWO29
    Options
    Its wonderful that you were able.to motivate yourself to do your workout anyway, despite the headache. I have often felt like just getting up to go is half the battle of the workout.
    Also, you have beautiful children. I noticed them on your ticker. :)

Thanks, my kids are the reason I am here. I don't want them to grow up to be obese, so I don't want to look at me and think that it is okay to look like me, so I am here to reach my goal weight of 120 so they can look at me and I will be a great example for them to follow. :flowerforyou:
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Laura, you are an inspiration. I know how horrible headaches are and you were so tough to exercise anyway :flowerforyou:
    Congratulations, that is really hard to do.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!