Heartbreak Diet

Options
Has anyone ever experienced the heartbreak diet. My husband and myself have drifted apart over the last few months. We have suggested that we split up. I no its probably the right thing to do as Im not sure you can fall back in love with each other. With the upset of it all I can hardly eat. My tummy is constantly in knots and I feel sick all the time. Not the nicest way to lose weight.

Replies

• abitzan
    abitzan Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about everything that is going on. Hopefully everything comes to an end amicably.
  • Buzzingaa
    Options
    Sorry to hear about you and your husband. I went through the same thing last year. I dropped 80 pounds in about 4 months without even really trying...its a horrible diet to be on....:cry:
  • allnewellie
    Options
    yes, I lost on the divorce diet earlier this year. simply not eating isn't good for me though, I nearly passed out several times, and took care to eat at least once a day after that
  • nmoore226
    nmoore226 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try to do something to keep yourself occupied so you are not dweling on it. It's not a good way to lose weight but we have all been through it. I lost 40 lbs when I divorced in 2000 ...unfortunately I gained it back!
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, and it is not a fun diet! Be good to yourself in a way that reduces stress and tension - walking someplace beautiful, listening to music, getting a massage, etc. I'm wishing you good thoughts and strength through this time.
  • peacefulwhisper
    peacefulwhisper Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes yes I experienced that with a couple of break ups. Guess I don`t handle stress well. I sort of wish I could have that diet minus the heartbreak. I am soooo sorry you are going through this. It is an incredibly emotional thing to go through. I always think of breakups of a really bad drug habit that you have to get off of. It will get better. Try just having shakes to get food into your tummy. A really good one is Vega shake it gives you all the nutrients you need yogurts are good too and even baby food. I know sounds sad but it is important you get something in your system. I know how you are feeling. Sending you positive vibes and a big hug.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about you and your husband hang in there things will work out eventually how they are supposed to be. I have been on this diet too, when my ex and I broke up I was so upset I couldn't even stand to think about eating, I was sick to my stomach from the stress constantly and at that time I was smoking still and was smoking like twice as much. Its unhealthy to say the least. You should try to eat something even if you really dont feel like it. Good luck with everything.
  • sunnyrunner23
    sunnyrunner23 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. I have been there. When I was going through it, my mother in law yelled at me for being so vain. I lost about 30 lbs and sunk below 100 lbs amd I am 5'4".

One of my favorite aunts took me aside and told me she could tell something was wrong. I love her for that!

Try to rest and eat as healthy as you can and beleive everything will be fine. Because it will be fine.
  • erin_zuk
    erin_zuk Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've been there - January of last year I had my heart broken and I was averaging about 500 calories a day for about 3 weeks. Really NOT the right way to lose weight!

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but remember how important YOU are and that you need to fuel your body.
    Use the "not hungry" feelings to make healthier choices - try something you never have before maybe?
    I always find that if I don't feel like eating, it gives me the opportunity to make better food choices.
  • AlisynRenae
    Options
    Been there done that! It's one of the worse feelings, all that unease and apprehension. I completely understand. I hope you get everything all sorted out. I don't know whether you believe in God or not, but I'm sending a silent prayer in hopes your life will turn into whatever you wish it to be.
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear about you and your husband. I know exactly what you're talking about, my husband and I separated when I was 3 months pregnant. I didn't want to eat I couldn't sleep, it was really hard, and I dropped a lot of weight, but it wasn't the kind of weight you'd want to brag about. Eventually we found ourselves back in each others lives, so if it's staying together that you want, just give it some time. I hope things get easier for you.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I have had heart ache.:brokenheart: I lost 10 pounds in a week. Couldn't eat a thing.:sad:
    So sorry you're having trouble.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever experienced the heartbreak diet. My husband and myself have drifted apart over the last few months. We have suggested that we split up. I no its probably the right thing to do as Im not sure you can fall back in love with each other. With the upset of it all I can hardly eat. My tummy is constantly in knots and I feel sick all the time. Not the nicest way to lose weight.

I think it is possible to fall back in love. No one stays in total love 100% of the time. Love is a choice. You choose to love your mate. Thats what marraige is. People split up way too often when the going gets tough. Hang in there and try to work it out. Your lives together are a marathon, not a sprint. I wish you the very best.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Got any plans this Friday?
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    My husband and I had major problems last year, he said he felt like he loved me but was no longer in love with me. I was heartbroken, scared and didn't know what to do. I lost my appetite and abit of weight. Then I woke up one morning and decided to fight....fight to save my marriage and with alot of communication and hard work we got our marriage back on track and re-kindled our love for each other. Sometimes in relationships, life gets in the way....we had two kids, bought a house and were extremely busy and forgot about how important we were. I am a firm believer that love can be re-kindled. I also think that communications skills (feelings, thoughts , ideas, what's going on in each other's lives) needs to be worked on constantly. I bought books that helped us figure out where to start. We found our love and each other again. Only you and your husband can figure out if there is something to fight for.
    Good luck,

I also just wanted to say it is important that you take care of yourself. You need to eat, you need your body to be strong for your mind to be strong as well. During that terrible time in my life I also threw all of my negative energy into exercise and watching what I ate.... I figure if he was going to leave me I would at least be healthy and beautfiul and thin again....but I did it for myself and I did it in a healthy way.....it just made me feel empowered and also helped me to find the courage to get through all of it.
  • jameslucy
    jameslucy Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for ur kind words. It means a lot.
  • Julie2402
    Julie2402 Posts: 126
    Options
    Sending you hugs! Time is a great healer, but you do need to look after yourself, make yourself eat little but often if you can't face proper meals. Goodluck!!
  • belbel79
    Options
    Yep I have been on that one 3 times... Usually it happens around christmas time for me?!
    Sorry you are going through this :( you have my support and hugs but I know it doesn't really help x
  • shonapenney
    Options
    Nearly two years ago me and my boyfriend split. He hurt me pretty bad and i just stopped being hungry and when i did feel hungry i would be full on a quarter of what i would normally eat. I ended up loosing 7lbs in a week at the time that was the only thing that made me happy. We did get back together and i am happy with him im now in the comfortable stage and have put on too much weight. I look at pictures of me when we got back together and want to be that thin again!
    Good Luck!