water?????

Options
So i am wondering since my bf put it in my head.. i drink ALOT of water during the course of the day. I have to have some thing, i have OCD about it, so i am probably like 9-13 8 oz glasses of water a day depending on the day. Can you gain water wait?????? Is this healthy, or should i cut back alittle? Any one with some advice?????:huh:

Replies

• i dont think drinking water will make you gain water weight, it gets your bodys functions moving better and i drink around the same its good for you.
  • ElPumaMex
    ElPumaMex Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Any excess water, your body will make sure to quickly put it away :bigsmile:
    I don't think that is an excessive amount of water, by the way.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Why would you care? It isn't fat o.O
  • kraz4fun
    kraz4fun Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have also heard the suggestion from a few doctors that you should aim to drink 1/2 of your body weight in oz of water. EX: 200 lb person should drink 100 oz of water. I typically drink about 3 qts of water a day and I feel great. If I drink less than 2qts I feel tired. There is such a thing as too much water but I don't think you are anywhere near that with 10-12 glasses a day.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    You can gain weight due to water retention, but it will pass. It's not fat so you're fine.

This is why sodium doesn't really matter unless you have some kind of medical condition because the water weight you gain from consuming too much sodium will also in turn pass just like everything else.

I should clarify my statement a little. The more water you drink, the more water you release therefore it's good to drink alot of water, and unless you are drinking a TON of water AT ONCE, you are fine. Sometimes I drink 2 gallons of water throughout a day.

o.O
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Get the facts on water intake, kiddo. Lots of info here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390240-do-i-really-have-to-drink-8-glasses-of-water-everyday

You're not going to hurt yourself unless you drink some ridiculous amount of water (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication).

You should be fine.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I feel better with the more water I drink.

Had to google it lol

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100509010747AAfvUhv
  • cherigurl
    cherigurl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Thanks every one i was just curious about it. :happy:
  • Jolenebib
    Jolenebib Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Unless you're going to bathroom ALL THE TIME and its driving you crazy. You're fine.
  • KCarpenter83
    KCarpenter83 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You know you are drinking enough if your pee is clear. If you are going often and its always clear, you could stand to cut back if its annoying but that amount isnt harmful.
  • oliviak2012
    Options
    water weight doesn't actually mean water. Water will never make you gain weight. Water weight comes from eating too much sodium.