On Friend Requests...

Options
Hello, I'm new here and was just wondering what advice you could give regarding sending out friend requests? Basically I don't want to creep anyone out by sending random invites lol, but I would love to keep up w/ those who are willing to share their weightloss experience and gain a little support along the way :)

Replies

• AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Welcome - friend request sent : )
  • OneTooManyTacos
    Options
    thanks ;)
  • MrFatLegs
    MrFatLegs Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I don't think anybody is gonna care, everybody is looking for support on this site.. I add random people all the time, usually from this forum, or if I just stumble on their profile and they seem cool, nobody has denied my request yet. I just sent you one!
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    if you want you can leave a message saying why you would like to add them as a friend
  • Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always looking to help motivate.
  • Stylistntenn
    Options
    I feel the same way! I want to have people add me, but am nervous about adding people because I don't want to look.. weird or something lol.
  • rgga66
    rgga66 Posts: 4
    Options
    I feel the same way!! So I am sending you friend request and we can troll together! LOL
  • OneTooManyTacos
    Options
    Wow, thanks so much to u all ;) I'm having a great time on this site and I agree~ the support given is amazing!
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I send (and receive) random requests all of the time. The only thing I suggest is to check the user's profile before sending a blank one. Some people want you to specify WHY or how you found them. Others, like myself, don't care and are just grateful for the support.
  • arosmith79
    arosmith79 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about what anybody thinks of a friend request. If they are that creeped out about it, they will just deny it but I would doubt you will find many of those people. :)
  • k80fox
    k80fox Posts: 92
    Options
    if you want you can leave a message saying why you would like to add them as a friend

This is good advice! It's what I do anyways. A lot of people put a "disclaimer" on their page saying they won't accept friend requests without a message - not me. I'll accept anyone who asks but if they don't utilize the site as much as I do or haven't logged on in a while, I will delete them. So far its worked for me. I sent you a friend request :)
  • taradactyl81
    Options
    Always happy to add friends!
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I would love to keep up w/ those who are willing to share their weightloss experience and gain a little support along the way :)

This sentence right here is an excellent friend request message :smile:
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    when I first started I was like "if I am not really friends with them then I am not adding them-creepy" then I got all these friend requests and just said whatever I will add people. It was the best decision I ever made. I met the nicest people who are soooo supportive and have helped me sooo much on my journey. I say... the more you add the better.....:bigsmile:

.... now I will never turn down a friend request! :flowerforyou:
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me! Welcome here!
  • mskatec22
    mskatec22 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    So true about the feeling weird thing!! I hate that feeling! :blushing:

Well, I just going to have to get over that and friend request everyone on this page! :) There. That feels better! lol.

Feel free to friend request me as well if you ost after me.p
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I don't think anybody is gonna care, everybody is looking for support on this site.. I add random people all the time, usually from this forum, or if I just stumble on their profile and they seem cool, nobody has denied my request yet. I just sent you one!

same.....I usually add where I noticed their profile from but I have never had someone reject it....I've just added you now :smile:
  • slimfiona
    Options
    Feel free to add me and welcome to my fitness pal, it is a good site!
  • RedandBlonde
    RedandBlonde Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I can just ditto what everyone else has said. Just put yourself out there, the worst they can do is say no and there are so many supportive people on here I'm sure you'll find heaps of other people that would love to be your friend. I'm sending a request your way :)
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. we are all here for the same reason... please feel free to add me.. and again welcome!