How to be a success on MFP

Options
How to be a success on My Fitness Pal

The most popular day of the year to start a diet program? I am guessing that today, January 2, is going to be one of the most popular days to start a diet program. It is the first Monday of the year. It is still a Holiday for many (as New Year's Day fell on a Sunday.) It is a great day to start.

I am wondering how many new members a site like MFP will get today? How many people will finally make that commitment to a better, healthier lifestyle?

I have been on MFP since August, 2010. I have signed on to the site each day. I have logged my foods and exercise faithfully for about 99% of these days. I have done well. At this point, I have cut my feeds and have made most of my diary entries totally private again. I have done this for several reasons. Primarily as I am now on maintenance going "under" my calorie goals is not always a great idea for me.

As most of my wonderful friends on this site know, I am still very active encouraging others to reach their goals. I think that MFP is just the most wonderful tool that any dieter can have.

Welcome to all of the new MFP members. My best advice to you is to get involved in all aspects of the MFP Community. Log in each and every day, complete your diaries daily. Enter everything you eat. Be 100% honest. It is for you only. You will learn what you are doing right and where you should make some changes. Get exercise ideas from other members. Reach out for MFP friends. Let them support you. Be supportive of others. Join challenges. Update your ticker. Post pictures. Use the forums. Have fun with the site. It's such a terrific tool.

I am pleased to have achieved my goals. But -- in a way -- I am somewhat jealous. You "newbies" have something great to look forward to. Good luck to each of you.

Replies

• goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Well said BB, you're an inspiration to us all and glad you're still here helping everyone !
  • tmogs
    tmogs Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Awee BB You always have encouraging word! Love this post!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    Barbie - I have enjoyed being your friend on here for many months. Your support has helped me continue more than you could ever possibly know. And you know what, don't be so jealous of those "newbies" - You my friend have a long and healthy life ahead of you to look forward to. You have proved that once you put your mind and dedication into something, you will come out on top1 Congrats to you on all you have achieved and keep striving for.

Now tell me, what do you hope to accomplish for 2012?

Love,
    Melissa aka HealthyEscape
  • dorairwin
    dorairwin Posts: 210
    Options
    Barbie- you're an inspiration to us all and glad you're still here helping everyone ! Love this post :flowerforyou:
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    This is great. I wish I was there earlier in your trek.

Well done.
  • Thank you for your encouraging words!
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    MountainMamaMarissa Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wonderful insight, Barbie! Thank you!
  • SallyCC
    SallyCC Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Great post, Barbie...Thank you!