College Senior Making a Change

Options
Hey everyone,
Today is my first day with MyFitnessPal and so far I'm very impressed. I usually don't make poor food choices at home because I make a point not to buy sodas or sweets. If they aren't there, you can't eat them. But I keep Special K in the cabinet for cravings.
My problem is Sonic drinks before class and eating out after work because I'm tired and don't want to cook.
I have spend most of the last four years focusing only on school and it has put my 30 lbs heavier than I was in high school when I played soccer all the time.
I know that I have a family history of obesity and I'm ready to make a change now. So, HI and I hope to get to know some of you soon.
Courtney

Replies

• allisonie
    allisonie Posts: 34
    Options
    Hi Courtney,

I'm a college senior, too! Good luck - I wish you all the best.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    Today is my first day with MyFitnessPal and so far I'm very impressed. I usually don't make poor food choices at home because I make a point not to buy sodas or sweets. If they aren't there, you can't eat them. But I keep Special K in the cabinet for cravings.
    My problem is Sonic drinks before class and eating out after work because I'm tired and don't want to cook.
    I have spend most of the last four years focusing only on school and it has put my 30 lbs heavier than I was in high school when I played soccer all the time.
    I know that I have a family history of obesity and I'm ready to make a change now. So, HI and I hope to get to know some of you soon.
    Courtney

Good luck! I started this at the beginning of 2ed semester, junior year. I'm so happy that i won't look back on this semester and wish I'd done things differently!
  • andrbac04
    andrbac04 Posts: 11
    Options
    Welcome, I'm a senior as well. Good luck on your journey to healthier living!

183705.png[/url]
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • rosabella
    rosabella Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a first year grad student and "re-joining" the site. Feel free to shoot me a message sometime. :)
  • NurseMisty
    NurseMisty Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome!:flowerforyou: I'm also in college and have a husband and a son. I totally get the convenience of take out. You can still have take out, just make healthier choices. Next time your out, grab a nutrition menu and follow the recommended guidelines here. You can do it!!!