Looking for help!

Options
Hey everyone,

I guess what Im writing this for is, because Im looking for some tips, advice and motivation! Im CLUELESS, when it comes to eating healthy, and working out. Ive been trying to track what I have ate and drank for the past week or so, but it feels like Im getting no where. Im just looking for some tips, or advice, anything would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all so much!!

By the way in case anyone want's to know where Im starting from

Im 5'6

I weigh 159.8 & Im trying to get down to 120-125!

Thanks,

Ashley

Replies

• tkn11
    tkn11 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    open up your diary so we can see what you're doing now =)
  • elcieloesazul
    elcieloesazul Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome! I new here too. For starters, track your food honesty. Drink a lot of water. Get active. And don't be discouraged by the number on the scale; taking measurements is a much more accurate representation of what's happening to your body. Also, stick with it! I always think to myself, "It took more than a few days to put ON this weight, it'll take more than a few days to take it off." Good luck and feel free to add me!
  • Nickysmom126
    Options
    Ok I think I opened it up.. I had no idea it was private lol
  • Nickysmom126
    Options
    Hey, welcome! I new here too. For starters, track your food honesty. Drink a lot of water. Get active. And don't be discouraged by the number on the scale; taking measurements is a much more accurate representation of what's happening to your body. Also, stick with it! I always think to myself, "It took more than a few days to put ON this weight, it'll take more than a few days to take it off." Good luck and feel free to add me!

Thank you for your reply! Yes you are so right, we didnt put the weight on in just a couple days, so why would it come off in that short of time! I have been needing to lose my pregnancy weight for a LONG time! My son just turned 8 last month, and I really really want to lose weight and get healthy again, Im dealing with anxiety at the moment too, and it sucks! I know if I would lose weight, I would probably have energy again, I have like ZERO energy! It sucks!

I walk on the treadmill for MAYBE 5 minutes, and Im out of breath! Its crazy! Ive never been so out of shape in my life!
  • 5050jnernst
    Options
    Try eating as much fresh as you can, fruit , berries, vegetables. Watch you portions especially meat, fish and chicken. Rule of thumb is that the portion of meat, fish , or chicken should be no bigger than your fist. Go to Target and buy a food scale and start weighing out your food. I bought one for 5 dollars and it works great. There are more expensive ones also. This will help you learn portion size. Many people think they are not eating that large of a portion and most likely they are eating double or triple. Also tracking everything you eat will help because it keeps you accountible. Do not skip anything when tracking. For example a fish oil capsule has anywhere from 10 to 15 calories a capsule. Flax seed oil also has calorie. I changed my diet by decreasing carbs and added tons of fresh or frozen vegetables along with fruit(fruit does have to be in moderation). Do not forget the good fats like advocado, walnuts, almonds etc. But again those need to be portion controlled. If you do not have a clue it might well be worth your time and money to talk with a registered dietcian. They can really help get you going. You can probably find one at your local health care facility. Generally speaking I do not think it is extremely costly to have a consultation. Also do not forget routine exercise. If you have not been exercising, start slow and work into it. Cardio along with strength training is the best. Again if you do not know where to start, try signing up with a trainer for some sessions if you have a gym you belong to. Trainers are very good at helping with diet also. I belong to Snap Fitness and they are great. All our trainers have college degrees in the exercise field along with the certification for personnel training. If you decide on a trainer, make sure you check out their education level and experience.
  • LGOllie
    LGOllie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good advice! I am learning too. I never thought about vitamins! Good grief!
  • LGOllie
    LGOllie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I only just joined a few days ago, however I can already tell that this site is extremely helpful. I have learned so much and you will too. For every question, there is someone or many who will answer it. It is a good feeling to know that we aren't alone. You Will get those pounds off and have energy again! I know it!