Feel fat, uninspired and lazy.

Options
I am recovering from a 2-3 week fallback. I let the holidays and the food get to me.

For the past few days I've been telling myself I NEED to just start up again. Start small, just get the ball rolling, get back on the horse, I can do it.

Today its been raining. But I still managed to push myself out the door, telling myself that I would feel rewarded.

After a 40 minute walk/jog, I have drenched pants, drenched shoes, and am having a self-pity PARTY. Just a month ago I could jog 2-3 miles, easy. And for the 5 minutes that I jogged today, I felt a lack of energy. Even after the work out, I feel bloated and fat and sad that I've lost stamina and muscle.

I figured that venting would, for 1, help. And any motivation anyone can offer to help me get over feeling sorry for myself. =\ I don't want to let this happen again. (The eating-badly and not-working out.)

Replies

• Evkor
    Evkor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your talking my language. Fell off the the proper eating habits wagon and it's hard to get going Sweets have replace the exercise endorphins. I am 47 and female so every time this happens it's a little rougher to get going. I'm just got going again and just white knuckling it. I know in a couple of days I will be ok. I was proud of you for going out in rain. Im just taking it slow on exercise. Any exercise is better then none. :flowerforyou:
  • TheVulcanLover
    TheVulcanLover Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you.

I am TOTALLY FORCING myself to go to the gym tonight--even if I only do 30 minutes of cardio.

Keep in mind that once you get going you WILL feel better. Getting started is the hard part.

Don't let a fall back stop you!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    YAY for you! Got dressed, got out and got moving..that is how you fight the good fight--one day at a time! Tomorrow will be better and you WILL come back(insert theme song to "Rocky" here...)
  • ParisArkw
    ParisArkw Posts: 186
    Options
    Evkor- Thanks for the reply, it made me smile. =b I definitely replaced the exercise for the sweets, too. Food is just so tasty and amazing, its hard to control it. =( And that's helpful to keep in mind- any exercise is better than none. I feel that will help me in getting back into the groove. =)

TheVulcanLove- UGH, so true. The past few days I've spent guilting myself about how I should be working out. And today with the rain- how much I didn't want to go out. So. Hard...! But I also told myself it would just be 20 or 30 minutes, and I pushed through 40. Funny how it works. Go you for being so determined to go to the gym! And thank you for the encouragement, I really appreciate it.

elenathegreat- Thank you for the awesome words! Reminding me to look forward. Ugh, after such a horrible fall back its hard not to dwell on the failure. Must remember, I WILL get it back. I will be stronger again. =)