Weigh-ins?

Options
How many times a week do you weigh in? Is there a specific reason for this? I know a lot of people weigh in once a week, and while I believe that is good, I wonder if I should weigh in maybe midweek to see how i'm doing, and if not, then maybe change some things around to get back on track. What has worked for you? Is there a specific day, like Sunday morning or Monday morning where you weigh in? I was used to weighing in everyday before work, but don't want to do that this year. Please share!

Replies

• deja_blu
    deja_blu Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    There's no need for a mid-week check. Weighing in once a week will help keep you sane. People who weigh too often are more likely to veer off the path because they feel they have done a great job (because the number is low) OR they are discouraged from what they see and starve their bodies (by not eating enough) or binge eat due to depression (because the number is high).

I would suggest eating a clean diet (plenty of fruits, veggies, protein and fiber) with lots of water, exercise and be patient! Even people who with bodies like athletes gain weight sometimes. Everything will be fine....really. =]
  • jpbenjamin
    jpbenjamin Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip! I guess coming from weighing in everyday, a whole week kind of sounds like a long time. I will definitely try this and see how it goes.
  • mrsthomasstevens
    mrsthomasstevens Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How many times a week do you weigh in? Is there a specific reason for this? I know a lot of people weigh in once a week, and while I believe that is good, I wonder if I should weigh in maybe midweek to see how i'm doing, and if not, then maybe change some things around to get back on track. What has worked for you? Is there a specific day, like Sunday morning or Monday morning where you weigh in? I was used to weighing in everyday before work, but don't want to do that this year. Please share!

I am the same way! I weigh myself everyday because I am amazed that weight is coming off. My official days are usually Monday's and Saturday's. But if I notice a big enough difference before I eat breakfast on any given day I definitely log it...I need to change my ways this year & so do you! I'm gonna stick to Monday's & Saturday's & I will work my way down to once a week by the beginning of March lol