how would you log...?

Options
I went to Six Flags today and walked around for 5 hours, I'm not sure how I should log it.

I entered walking and just clicked on 2.0 mph, leisurely pace... I hope that's accurate enough, it says that burns 1400-ish calories. Hmph.

Replies

• codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    I don't usually log things like that, unless i am "going on a work out walk" or going to the gym, I don't log daily activity like that.
  • JennyBanker
    JennyBanker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    lol i just gotback from an amusment park also and walked around for 5 hours and that is how I logged it in also. Believe me it is a workout when you are trailing behind a 7, 4 and 2 year old all day.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    When I went shopping the other day I googled some sites and it had as approx 135 cals per hour for the average person. So I cut it in half. 1400 seems a bit high.
  • ildi007
    ildi007 Posts: 107
    Options
    It is!! I know, I have 3 kids. BUT! I do walk around all day (at work, after work in the store, park, house, etc) so I don't log things like this either. I would look at it as "what was different?" If you had a backpack on, and usually don't; or if you usually don't spend that much time on your feet anyway. I also don't log if I carry my daughter, as I'm so used to it, I'm sure my body doesn't take it as a workout anymore!
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    It is!! I know, I have 3 kids. BUT! I do walk around all day (at work, after work in the store, park, house, etc) so I don't log things like this either. I would look at it as "what was different?" If you had a backpack on, and usually don't; or if you usually don't spend that much time on your feet anyway. I also don't log if I carry my daughter, as I'm so used to it, I'm sure my body doesn't take it as a workout anymore!

yeah, me too, I just kind of consider it a "bonus" I think if you log it you are bending the rules a little.
  • madwake2011
    Options
    thanks! i tweaked it a bit