Saying Hi

Options
Hi everyone, I'm Kim and I've been dieting and exercising and then gaining it all back for over 20 years, so I'm very good at playing this game.

My goal this time is to FOLLOW THROUGH. Why do we stop and gain all the weight back? I think for me its because I'm so all or nothing with weight loss. If I eat a slice of pizza, then I'll just go ahead and eat 3 slices. If I taste chocolate cake then I eat the whole thing. I need to learn hot to incorporate the bad things along with the good or I'll be doing this the rest of my life.

I suppose its learning to accept that you can eat everything in moderation. I think the mobile app will help a lot because its SO easy to just barcode everything I eat without having to really think about it.

My plan is to lose 40 lbs by April 1 and not beat myself up if I don't make it all the way there as long as I gave it a very concerted effort. I am going go walk my dog everyday and do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I don't really have a diet plan, so hopefully I can get some with that here.

Nice to be in your company,

Kim

14027092.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• javachick66
    Options
    Nice attitude. I had been a size 14 since the birth of my youngest child, 22 years ago. About 2 years ago I took a different approach, and decided it wasn't a diet, but it had to be a mindset. Too many people think just that way, "well I already screwed up by eating one piece, may as well have 3 more" that is SO not true. Mindset says, have that one slice, knowing you're going to walk it off. We can't be slaves to our diets. I workout, so I can eat! I wish you the best of luck on your venture, I know I've packed a few pounds back on over the Holidays, but I also know, they aren't staying.

Hit me up anytime you need advice, or a boost!
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Nice to know someone else "gets it"!!! =) I will and you too.