New to message boards looking for weightloss buddies!

Options
Hi my name is Karen. I"m 40 ( almost 41) I've used the program on my iphone before but after about 1 month I stopped. Trying to lose like 50 some pounds plus I want to be able to run a 5 k marathon. I watch biggest loser and think to myself I can do that, I can lose weight like them, as I lay in bed all curled up with my chocolate snacks and diet pop...... I don't want to be the fat Auntie any more. I want to have the energy, I'm finding my weight is affecting my life in more ways than I'd like to admit. Need someone to play Jillian Michaels, or Bob Haper......

Replies

• JenMarie826
    Options
    You can do this Karen!! :) The support here is phenomenal :) We all have your back! Just focus one day at a time!!
  • Bells5001
    Bells5001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen,
    I'm also new to MFP. I can definately cheer you on! I have 25 pound to lose. I work out like crazy...but I just eat too much! Thats where I struggle. What kind of exercise do you do?

Bells
  • fzafar_64
    fzafar_64 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen, I'm Fatima and I'm new here too. I've lost a little bit of weight already and I can tell you I felt the same way as you do. I've learnt that honestly little steps are the best to big goals, and also little goals( like I can climb these stairs twice in less than a minute) helps as well. Hopefully we can both lose weight together, without Jilian or Bob!
  • karenpriest
    karenpriest Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    haha I figured out how to reply I think! I think this is going to be awesome. Lets see what I'm doing. I got a pedometer (think that's how you spell it) trying to do that 10,000 steps. I have a bad knee but beginning to think its cuz I'm a tad fluffy for my knees. So I"m a walker, I gonna walk till I hate it lol.

I've got just about every biggest loser work out dvd most of them still wrapped! ugh. They all lie on there, all smiling like there having fun! I was not having fun working out is exhausting! Jillian's 30 day shred just about killed me.

I'm trying to find out how many calories I need to eat, what does Net calories mean etc.
  • kellybeetle
    Options
    Hi Karen. I am new here too. I have had mfp on my iphone as well and stopped after about a month also. I am ready to start up again and am looking for support and encouragement. I'm 37, work full time and go to school full time but I know I can squeeze in some time for exercise! My weight has affected me in several areas of my life also. I want to get my self esteem back and be able to wear a wedding dress at my wedding this June. I have about 50 pounds to lose also.

~Kelly
  • pa77y
    pa77y Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi Karen, just starting back myself. I am 51 and can use some friends on here! You go girl, you can do whatever you put your mind to do! Please add me if you like!
  • bagoobie
    bagoobie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    started using this site over a month ago
    its helped me lose 6 lbs but my goal is 50 or more!