for women only womenly nature i promise you dont wanna read

Options
does any women have an remedies on getting rid of the water weight during period times??? i do not take meds and i drink so much water that im non stop peeing... it normally works but no not lately someone help me i need home remedies to try

Replies

• RainbootsToBikinis
    RainbootsToBikinis Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Midol will help with bloating and cramping, but unless it's really bad I don't take anything extra. It'll go down on it's own.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    Midol will help with bloating and cramping, but unless it's really bad I don't take anything extra. It'll go down on it's own.
    i gained 5 pounds in water weight and im going to start if not tomorrow the day after ::'(
  • SmangeDiggs
    SmangeDiggs Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    You can get herbal parsley pills that will help with water retention, also really good for anyone who gets migraines or headaches during their cycle.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    You can get herbal parsley pills that will help with water retention, also really good for anyone who gets migraines or headaches during their cycle.
    i hate to have to do pills
  • Mkserpa
    Mkserpa Posts: 136
    Options
    During pregnancy, my dr recommended I drink MORE water. She said it sounded counteractive, but really it helps. I was SOOO unbelievably swollen towards the end of my pregnancy and on days I couldn't fit into my shoes or clothes I would down lots and lots of water. It seemed to help me quite a bit. Sodium intake can play a huge role in water retention as well. Cut your sodium intake, no matter how much you consume regularly, dramatically and that should help stop water retention.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    During pregnancy, my dr recommended I drink MORE water. She said it sounded counteractive, but really it helps. I was SOOO unbelievably swollen towards the end of my pregnancy and on days I couldn't fit into my shoes or clothes I would down lots and lots of water. It seemed to help me quite a bit. Sodium intake can play a huge role in water retention as well. Cut your sodium intake, no matter how much you consume regularly, dramatically and that should help stop water retention.
    omg you rock!!!! thank you for that i needed it so badly!!! i drink so much water and dont eat a lot of sodium but maybe i will cut it out more because i feel like crap
  • michelefloyd
    Options
    There are a few diuretics commonly available - coffee and tea. I'm not necessarily recommending that since I don't know your medical history, etc. Otherwise, maybe work up a good sweat?
  • alapoint89
    Options
    There are a few diuretics commonly available - coffee and tea. I'm not necessarily recommending that since I don't know your medical history, etc. Otherwise, maybe work up a good sweat?
    my health is good
  • auntie1974
    Options
    What about Cranberry juice?? I know it is commonly called "pee juice" because it is good for our urinary tract but not sure if it will make you go....may be worth a try....?? Let us know if you find something.
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Another sure-fire way, in addition to the water intake is to exercise.

Water retention is just under the skin.

When you exercise, the muscles are going to get 'thirsty' and look for hydration for two things: 1.) water to hydrate, 2.) The oxygen component of water to feed the blood-stream.

When you are exercising, the body will help aid in the removal of that water retention....

Combine that with great cool-down stretching and an awesome hot shower, that will help you greatly.
  • alapoint89
    Options
    i will try anything that doesnt force me to take pills