Almost 100 lbs. Gone in 2011 and a New Person

Options
I am new here! I have struggled with my weight for many years. Over the past few years, in addition to not feeling good all the time, I started experiencing some medical issues. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes about 5 years ago, among other things. I went from one doctor to the another, having test after test. Things were pretty much starting to spiral downward. I had tried every diet in the book, but nothing ever worked. In January of this year, I was one step away from making the decision to have a gastric by-pass surgery. I went into a different direction, and now I am over halfway to my goal. I am so thankful for the support I have received and continue to remind myself that I have on-lookers that have been routing me on and some that have been encouraged by my success, and have taken weight off as a result of my success. They are a big part of why I cannot quit. There has been such a positive change in my life, all around. I can never go back to the person I was. She is gone! Today, I can truly say in more ways than one, I am new!

Replies

• Cynduck
    Cynduck Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome!
  • disciplineisgood
    disciplineisgood Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Posts like yours make the journey easier.
  • Luv2Dispatch911
    Luv2Dispatch911 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I cannot tell you how much of an inspiration you are. I am weighing in around the same weight as you started and I going for the same goal you are! I cannot wait to be where you are at right now
  • MamaLutt
    MamaLutt Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!