Am I at a good weight to build muscle and not worry about lo

Options
I'm 5'4" and 134lbs. I wanted to lose a few pounds, but now I feel I'm already at a good weight where I can just concentrate on getting toned and build some muscle. Wanted honest opinions on what you think I need to do. Thanks! :wink:

Me currently:

peace.jpg

Replies

• Ironbeak88
    Ironbeak88 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Go for it, you look great!
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Ummmmmmm.......what was the question?
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    By adding resistance training and eating in a calorie deficit, you will gain strength and reduce body fat. I say go for it. Before so, take some measurements and photos to compare yourself too 10 - 12 weeks down the road.
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Definitely. You look great! I'm 5'4" and in a similar boat (healthy weight, wouldn't say no to losing few pounds but mostly want to lose body fat) if you'd like to add me.
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! You can concentrate on toning now!
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    you look great! increase protein & add some weight machines into your cardio workouts :o) you've got this!
  • Missrachelf
    Options
    We'll you don't need to lose weight at all. I think you look great. Just do a 30 minute per/day 5 times a week workout. Jillian Michaels has a Shred 30 or shred with weights. YOu only need about 5lbs and you will get definition if that is what you are looking for. People say to me, you are thin, why do you need to workout, but you need maintenance and it is nice to be toned. Good luck
  • denitraross
    denitraross Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You look great at your size now..but if you hit the weights with only small amounts of cardio, you would get ripped up very fast, you have the right build for it! I would not have guessed you weighed 134..I am 137 and 5-8...if you start a tonning regiment, you would get great muscle definition easily!
  • MariaAlbinaxoxo
    MariaAlbinaxoxo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    By adding resistance training and eating in a calorie deficit, you will gain strength and reduce body fat. I say go for it. Before so, take some measurements and photos to compare yourself too 10 - 12 weeks down the road.

I did take measurements yesterday and started a 12 week weight training program yesterday as well. I'm doing 3 days weight training, 3 days cardio and one day rest and have upped my protein intake as well. I really hope to see (either in the mirror or in my measurements) some progression by April :)
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Stick to that plan and you will, no doubt! You'll be thrilled!
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options
    Yeah start toning, your ready.
  • jwalker30
    jwalker30 Posts: 282
    Options
    I think you look great right now. You could tone more if you want too, with weights
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    What's your hesitation? Yes- start lifting and strength training.
  • jennabellaxoxo
    jennabellaxoxo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    awww my little maria!! you look super girl!!! Totally go for toning now, you will shrink even if you dont loose weight...you will be amazed AND even more amazing looking!
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You have a great build and you will be happy with the results lifting will bring!! Glad to hear you are following a program, especially if you are new to weights, excellent idea! Good luck!