to all the peeps with a heart rate monitor

Options
how does the websites' light to moderate cleaning numbers add up compared to the monitor?
I was thinking of cutting the time in half so I don't over guesstimate any feed back would be helpful
I've been cleaning and recleaning my house after the kids for most of the day the idea of getting on the wii right now is so depressing I'm so tired:yawn:

Replies

• ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    If I clean more than I normally would in any given day, I count half of the extra time. For example, if I usually clean for 30 minutes but instead I clean for a solid hour, I'll log 15 minutes of it. I don't feel like cleaning gives me a GREAT workout that helps me burn a ton of fat and tone but I know that the days I do a deep clean and go for 3 hours, I'm much hungrier and need a few extra calories to make it! I don't have a HRM so I don't suppose I actually helped you. Sorry! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Heather, the numbers on here are pretty darn close to that of my HRM. Can we do an experiment?

Go to walking 3.5 up hill and put in 30 minutes. I want to see if it is the same as when I put it in.

Ok mine is 187
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    I wore my HRM on a cleaning day. I burned 500 calories in 2 hours!! That was mopping, sweeping, dusting, laundry, bathrooms, bed changes..............it was a LOT of burning!:smokin:
  • criztawl
    criztawl Posts: 34
    Options
    Just like with any exercise and calories being burned ... it depends on your weight as well. If Heather doesn't weigh the same as above them it will give a different number.
  • criztawl
    criztawl Posts: 34
    Options
    Like for me it says I'd burn 305 calories doing walking 3.5 uphill
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    that is why I asked what it said she burned. What number does it give you?
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Like for me it says I'd burn 305 calories doing walking 3.5 uphill

for 30 minutes?? Ok cool, then it does calc with your states. I didnt know that!! awesome!!
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    heather and I are close in stats..........except for age if mike figures that in. I tell ya, my HRM comes in real close to the numbers here on everything but weight training. You really need an HRM for that because they have no idea how hard you worked, or if you did aerobically.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Heather, the numbers on here are pretty darn close to that of my HRM. Can we do an experiment?

Go to walking 3.5 up hill and put in 30 minutes. I want to see if it is the same as when I put it in.

Ok mine is 187

sorry half a dozen raw eggs on my kicthen floor thanks to my 4 year old but i'm back mine came to 190
    my cleaning today was mainly picking up toys, laundry ,vacuming and dishes