any ideas on no carb dinners or extremley low( an low glycem

Options
well as we all know everyone diets ... some are cleaner then others.. i have a question... im looking for good choices on what to eat for dinner... my work out regimen is mon-tues-thurs-fri-sat ... specific body parts mon-fri and sat i do cross fit wod(work out of the day) through out the day i take 2 servings of up your mass... break fast lunch... but dinner idk what to eat.. im trying to stay away from carbs during dinner... anyone have any simple recipes , i dont care how much protein is in it the more there is the happier i am.. im just trying to avoid any insulin spikes during the night i eat enough carbs through out the day to suffice and avoid catabolism and promote anabolsim.. thanks for the help hopefully i can get some thoughts soon :)

Replies

• Happyhappy352
    Options
    I like fried cabbage and sausage. Just chop up cabbage and put it in a frying pan with about three table spoons of olive oil and let it cook on low/ med heat and then take a few links of mild sausage and cook them then add them to your cabbage with some pepper and let all that cook for about an hr. It's not no carb but it is low.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    im just trying to avoid any insulin spikes during the night i eat enough carbs through out the day to suffice and avoid catabolism and promote anabolsim..

I would strongly suggest that you disregard the micromanagement of anabolic and catabolic states and instead focus on eating a reasonable number of calories and consume enough protein to maximize lean gains/minimize lean losses.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    I love Spaghetti Squash with fresh tomato sauce and grilled chicken.
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Steak, greens, and a salad

Use bagged salad, and add a chopped, boiled egg and some crumbled bacon. You can fry up the bacon and boil the eggs in advance to minimize the prep you need to do right before dinner.

Throw a seasoned steak or pork chop (or a few, depending upon your calorie allotment) in a HOT skillet with a little bt of olive oil to sear. Lower the heat and cook until done. Once the steak is done and out of the pan, throw in a large handful of fresh spinach, sliced collard greens, or chopped kale. Stir-fry the greens in the steak juice and seasoning until done.

This is one of my go-to meals for low-GI satisfaction.
  • jatorres92
    Options
    i do about 250-300 grams of protein 150-170 carbs and 80-100g of fat 21 saturated mostly the rest mono unsaturated and poly unsaturated... im jus dieing to get my abs lol micro managing just became a habit
  • stronglikebull
    Options
    Meat and vegetables, about as low GI as you can get. Just change up your seasonings for variety.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    im just trying to avoid any insulin spikes during the night i eat enough carbs through out the day to suffice and avoid catabolism and promote anabolsim..

I would strongly suggest that you disregard the micromanagement of anabolic and catabolic states and instead focus on eating a reasonable number of calories and consume enough protein to maximize lean gains/minimize lean losses.

^ this and if you're being silly and trying to avoid insulin spikes, you might as well avoid protein as well...

Look at table 4 and pay attention to the protein rich foods and their insulin AUC. Compare beef and fish to lets say pasta

An insulin index of foods: the insulin demand generated by 1000-kJ portions of common foods

American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, Vol 66, 1264-1276

http://www.ajcn.org/content/66/5/1264.full.pdf
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Shiritaki noodles, bean sprouts, and chicken in a homemade peanut-ginger dressing. Use whatever you like to sautee them in. SO delicious.
  • bigbugboo
    bigbugboo Posts: 161
    Options
    Looking at your food diary, you seem to be living on supplements, but they should be taken to 'supplement' your diet (as the name suggests) and not be the mainstay of it.

I would suggest some good quality lean meats, milk, eggs, nuts, seeds or quorn / soya proteins and plenty of low carb veggies.

I have some easy recipes using protein powders AND other proteins like meat, eggs and milk if you want me to PM you.

Best wishes :smile:
  • sheepysaccount
    sheepysaccount Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Crockpot Cheeseburgers :)

ground meat, cheese, onions, a little bit of milk and mustard. and voila! you have a meal at about 300 calories per cup (and a cup really is plenty with this recipe) and 2 carbs. the onions are the "worst" for carbs in this recipe.

send me a message for the measurements if you want them.
  • crobinson0923
    Options
    Chicken breasts dipped in egg and then dipped in a mixture of almond flour, parmesan cheese and spices. Bake it. Turns out crispy and yummy with minimal carbs.
  • stephenson6
    Options
    Do you like shrimp?
    I cook up some shrimp in a pan on the stove and then add some scampi sauce or orange soy marinade (Marinade Bay makes these and they have 1 net carb per Tablespoon). I only need the 1 tablesppon for 6-8oz of shrimp. It's super fast, easy and yummy!
  • jatorres92
    Options
    greatly apreciate the information believe me i love learning and of course still learning about health ive only been into this for about a year so still getting the hang of eating habits and this new body i have and how fast i metabolize food .. carbs-protein-fat etc.. any other info is greatly apreciated and steal your right on point .. i was actually reading about that and was considering in dropping my protein down.. but idk would protein be considered a low gi version of carbs just out of curiousity.. stephenson6 i love shrimp lol
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    greatly apreciate the information believe me i love learning and of course still learning about health ive only been into this for about a year so still getting the hang of eating habits and this new body i have and how fast i metabolize food .. carbs-protein-fat etc.. any other info is greatly apreciated and steal your right on point .. i was actually reading about that and was considering in dropping my protein down.. but idk would protein be considered a low gi version of carbs just out of curiousity.. stephenson6 i love shrimp lol

Based on your stats in your profile shoot for a minimum of 172g of protein a day.

No need for the mass gainer as you can make your own for much cheaper (protein powder + oats + pb + whole milk + ice cream if need be)

and stop getting hung up on the GI of foods, it's pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things