Workout DVDs recomendations for beginers

Options
I'm looking for a good workout DVD thats easy to follow (I'm a newbie) but has great results. Please recommend some! TIA

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred is HARD for a beginner but it gets great results. When I started it I was in pain for 3 days. But a few days after that I started doing it twice in a row and at the end of the 30 days I had awesome results in inches lost off my body. It's tough but if you stick with it you won't regret it.
  • jillyjelly
    jillyjelly Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    try this - 10 minute solution- target toning for beginners - it really works
  • lovinbutterflys
    lovinbutterflys Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I think you should leslie sansone 5 mile walk DVD. You can use hand weights up too 5 pounds but to start try 3 pounds you can burn around or over 500 calories doing all 5 miles!! They go by really fast. Or some of Denise Austin DVDs you get good results with her too.
  • mimi10453
    mimi10453 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    There is a 10 minute Tae Bo DVD that you should try. That's how I got started. Plus there is an old lady in the video that really motivated me to push through the whole workout : )
  • MishelleMyBell
    Options
    My first workout DVS were actually the P90x series. You can target all of your muscle groups in the comfort of your own home. Then on my lazy days I watch yoga on Netflix.
  • adams4101
    adams4101 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have Netflix, and I do a lot of the crunch dance videos. I really like Jennifer. I am a beginner, and can't dance at all. It was a little hard to get the moves down the very first time, but after the second or third I had it. I love doing them now, I do them everyday. Good luck! They also have Yoga, Pilates, and bootcamp videos as well that I enjoy.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    zumba. some people say its hard, but once you get the hand of it, its great. they have beginner levels too, so you can do it. leslie sansone is a good one to start off with if you havent exercised in awhile. i liked it.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone DVDs are great for beginners and help you to build endurance. They are walking DVDs.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Good suggestion! I love all of the Leslie Sansone DVDs! My favorite is the 3 Mile Slim and Sleek.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have a Denise Austin dvd that I began with when I wanted something more physical than pilates. It's called "Shrink your Female Fat Zones" I still pull it out sometimes & it still works, I can feel it the next day!
  • killingtheantagonist
    Options
    I liked doing the 30 Day Shred....until I tore my ACL in my knee(which I had to have surgery on) doing it.
    I haven't done it since.
    Hah, I mean don't let that keep you from doing it though.
    I'll probably start back on it soon, but I will have to do some alternatives for some of the moves.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Yeah if you are going to start with the Shred, make sure you don't push yourself too far in the beginning. Take it easy and see what your body can do. Also, you have to be really careful with your form on the squats/lunges/etc - I hate that she does like a full set of them before she finally says 'oh, don't do this, it's bad for your knees' to show you improper form - she should do that at the beginning before you even do your first squat. Anyway, take care on the Shred that you don't over exert yourself before you know what you're capable of, and watch their form very carefully. For example, on those squats and lunges your knees should not be going farther forward than your toes, they should stay right over your feet and your butt should be going out behind you. Watch out for stuff like that.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I think you should leslie sansone 5 mile walk DVD. You can use hand weights up too 5 pounds but to start try 3 pounds you can burn around or over 500 calories doing all 5 miles!! They go by really fast. Or some of Denise Austin DVDs you get good results with her too.

I second Leslie Sansone...any of her workouts!