insanity

Options
Any idea how many calories are burnt during a typical insanity workout? I've heard as much as 900 and as little as 300. Without the help of a heart rate monitor i'm not really sure what to enter. Also, should it go in as cardio or strength? seems like its 70/30 cardio.
Thanks!

Replies

• lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I just started those today, and was wondering the same. Until I get my heart rate monitor, I am entering them as circuit training.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 and I wear a hrm... I'm averaging 490-515
  • lalonmeg000
    lalonmeg000 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    also out of curiosity, how many cals are you eating on this program? I used the calculation in the book and I am not sure I feel comfortable eating that much...
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have mine set at 1200 but I think it's too low. The diet they give you does seem like a lot of food. I'm trying to eat clean and I try to snack smart. I just listen to my body.
  • cms6300
    cms6300 Posts: 163
    Options
    I feel like i'm eating a ton of food but still falling well below the daily caloric goal. Good luck with the workout!
  • Ashleysh22
    Options
    Hey guys, I do insanity and I created a spread sheet for calculating calories based on my heart rate, which I take manually at all of the built in 30 second rest periods. It's not exact, but its an estimate.

Shoot me a message with your email and I can send you the excel file if you want :)
  • ofccat
    ofccat Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Calorie Burn will depend on how much you put into it. Insanity is a great workout! Put it in as cardio and strength. I say this because MFP does not count calories burned in strength and you definitely burn calories.
  • eyoungone05
    Options
    i start tonight yaaaay me:)
  • healthyJenn0915
    Options
    I log it as circuit traning because that is the closest I can get without a HRM. Have been meaning to get one for a while now, but still have not! I don't follow what the book says for food cause that would be way too many calories for me! After completing the program the first time I had lost 2 1/4 inches in my waiste and that was just by sticking to the exercise and eating my normal pretty healthy ways and staying with my 1200 calories per day. I have restarted 3 different times since I completed it, but kept having issues making me miss my workouts. I restarted last week and plan to stick with the full program again this time. Good luck!
  • simplingrillin
    Options
    I started tonight also! :)