Friends/family sabotaging efforts?

Options
sullivann
sullivann Posts: 199 Member
Am I the only one who feels like family/friends can really dampen the whole "I'm changing for the better!" mood?

Thank god my bf is supportive. haha, Minus the raised eyebrows I get when I want to buy organic food. :P hehe

Replies

• sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    That would require that I value other people's opinions about what I do with myself/my life. I can't get involved in that. :tongue:
  • sbussey00
    Options
    Yes, my mom has successfully lost about 60 pounds and I have failed over and over. This time is different and she just gives me this "yeah right" attitude a lot. You just have to ignore it and do your best!!
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    A little bit of support goes a long way & I know how you feel.

Sometimes I wonder if my parents have that attitude so I'll do it just to get back at them.

Other times I think they're just jealous because I'm making a huge effort to love my life & better myself & they're not.
  • mizzkarisasue
    Options
    Also...I'm about to be 25 years old...am I too old to worry about losing weight? Seriously, like no one will give to cents about what I look like cuz I'm not young anymore. That's the grief I keep getting and I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. I really am getting old..and the thought of me being to old to care about losing weight keeps screwing me up.
  • jskaggs1971
    jskaggs1971 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Also...I'm about to be 25 years old...am I too old to worry about losing weight? Seriously, like no one will give to cents about what I look like cuz I'm not young anymore. That's the grief I keep getting and I'm beginning to wonder the same thing. I really am getting old..and the thought of me being to old to care about losing weight keeps screwing me up.

1962 called. It wants its gender-normative stereotype back.

Too old? You're practically a child still. I think I have tee shirts older than you. ;)

Seriously, though. If you wait until tomorrow, you're just another day older. Who's feeding you that line of colossal BS, anyhow?
  • mizzkarisasue
    Options
    People from work, my mother...and now I really do feel like I'm old and I know I should stop thinking that way becuz I'm wasting my life away thinking that I'm too old to do anything...Before I know it I will be too old to do many things that could have been done now when I was worrying about nonsense...Thanks!