My Scale is the DEVIL!!!

Options
sinisme
sinisme Posts: 148 Member
:angry:
I swear that thing can never give me an accurate reading! I hate HATE it!!!!!!!
stupid effing machine.. :grumble:

Replies

• zrakonjac
    zrakonjac Posts: 2
    Options
    heh i know how u feel, i have 75 lbs to lose. I dont know if you are working out, but i am working out and using weights. For the first month when i worked out the scale did not move, however i had lost alot of inches and it was visible. What happened is i gained muscles, and muscle takes up less space than fat. So hopefully this helps.You will get there slowly. Good Luck.
  • rayemlls
    rayemlls Posts: 45
    Options
    heh i know how u feel, i have 75 lbs to lose. I dont know if you are working out, but i am working out and using weights. For the first month when i worked out the scale did not move, however i had lost alot of inches and it was visible. What happened is i gained muscles, and muscle takes up less space than fat. So hopefully this helps.You will get there slowly. Good Luck.

I hope to god thats whats going on with me cuz I work out every day and watch my diet for 55 days now and it says ive lost 3 freakin pounds...I almost quit but I am sticking with it just because somethings gotta give!:mad:
  • rayemlls
    rayemlls Posts: 45
    Options
    Between my wii and my scale there is a 10 pound difference.Unfortunatly I think my scales right! :sad:
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

I think that the important thing is only weigh yourself on one machine. Every machine will be a little different, so if you stick to one machine at least you'll know when you're gaining or losing :-D
  • tig3rang3l
    tig3rang3l Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Also, you have very little to lose... it will take much longer for you to drop those 16 pounds, as opposed to someone very heavy, who will drop the weight quickly. Try eating a little more (still within your deficit). I was eating about 1200 calories plus my exercise, and lost 10 pounds... but then I hit a wall... I even went UP! I upped my calories to about 1400, and all of a sudden I'm back down to 152.

As said above, take some measurements. Have you noticed things are fitting a little better? Even when my scale stopped moving, I went from a size 9 to a size 8 in two weeks :wink:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    hmmmm I've heard that the scale is the :devil: 's Spawn. where did I hear that??? Oh, yeah - here ten million times before. :laugh:

I agree with the other replies above. Don't give it too much power. :flowerforyou:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My scale is the devil too.....bumps up and down 3 pounds each day.......I hate it...............:devil:
  • MissGorgeous
    MissGorgeous Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    mines the devil
    mine says 167 (digital) BUTT NAKED
    then my friends says 163(regular) with all my clothes on
    that was last week

and today my scale says 162 .....i restricted like crazy all week!
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    mines the devil
    mine says 167 (digital) BUTT NAKED
    then my friends says 163(regular) with all my clothes on
    that was last week

and today my scale says 162 .....i restricted like crazy all week!

mine fluctuates about 3lbs.. but there's something wrong with it because sometimes it gives me a 116lbs reading.. and 129.... lol... and that's because it's got a new battery!!!! i guess i just need more dicipline when it comes to food... im a sucker for sweets!! :embarassed: