Halloween Chlg - Day 3: Oct 18 check in

Options
julieofthewolves
julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
edited November 2023 in Challenges
Okay - I'll start!

Today - 30 minutes on elliptical, 3 sets of sit ups, push ups and some arm/shoulder resistance training.

Replies

• julieofthewolves
    Options
    Okay - I'll start!

Today - 30 minutes on elliptical, 3 sets of sit ups, push ups and some arm/shoulder resistance training.
  • ahertel0214
    ahertel0214 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Oops, I think I've been doing this wrong - I've been reporting my workouts from the previous night in the mornings.

Anyhow, I did spin class last night for 50 minutes and tonight is step class for another 50 minutes. Will do a bit of weight training before class starts.

Have a good day everyone!
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    It is a likely possibility that i am doing it wrong.....
  • redalee
    redalee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    30 minutes yesterday walk with dog. I've only been at this 3 days and I've already lost 5 lbs. Must be all that water I'm drinking. And I found out I eat too much protein and not enough carbs. This site is actually working!!!
  • pamelawh
    pamelawh Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    hi, i'm reporting in and i did 80 min running on the treadmill today. the program went up to 8.0 incline and 6.0 speed. i guess so far no one has taken up that baton.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    day 3 45minutes on treadmill
    1 hour of belly dancing
    7 sets 15 reps crunchs
    This is great in the accountablility dept. but I don't want to try and outdo anyone, I think I would just end up hurting myself more than helping.
  • beca1975
    Options
    Is it too late to join?
  • julieofthewolves
    Options
    Heck no....
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just wanted to share a workout that a trainer friend of mine gave me. It's really great for anyone with about 45 minutes to an hour total, but allows for both cardio and strength training:

(1 mile run on the treadmill at warm-up pace)
    25 pushups (full body or on the knees)
    12 pull ups
    12 dips (use bench)
    15 hanging knee raises
    1 mile run on treadmill as fast as you can go.

***Repeat the circut 3 times. You'll end up going 4 miles and getting in a really decent strength train too. You can change the strength training exercises, too... these are just a suggestion. Today I did this workout and it was so good! I felt like I could run faster, too, because I reminded myself that I only had to go one mile. Mentally I was more into it. I hope you like it!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today:
    30 minute walk
    60 minute yoga...

No energy today. Felt much better after the yoga, though.

I just want to second the idea that this is NOT a competition. We've all been the heaviest, slowest, newest person in the room before. I don't want to start feeling like this is yet another place where that's the case.

Let's all embrace where we are, and where others are.
  • ahertel0214
    Options
    WOW Palema - you must be in top notch, excellent physical condition. My personal trainer can't even do 1 hour 20 minutes at a speed on 6 miles per hour on an 8.0 incline! That is some serious stamina.
  • ahertel0214
    Options
    Ditto on the competition aspect - we sould contine to bring each other UP not try to out do each other!

To each his own, you know?

In my opinion just choosing to do something, anything, is better than sitting on the couch all evening!
  • NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Okay... still didn't get to the Cardio Kickboxing. I had a MAJOR headache last night but I didn't want to just skip out on my cardio so I hopped on my bike again for 35 minutes. Good thing I don't get bored with it!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!!
    Niccole
  • ahertel0214
    Options
    Oh goodness - just re read my own post - *should continue* ;)
  • snorth
    snorth Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks for getting us started!
    I did 1.5 mile pushing double stroller Tues night...was lazy last night but got up and did 30 min on stationary bike this a.m.
    Going out for mexican (my weakness) but hoping just to have a bowl of soup - this place has my fav!!

Have a great evening everyone!!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Awesome job everyone!!! Wow, I am really impressed with everyone! I started exercising awhile ago, and it is so inspiring to see just how similar we all are. Thank you all for keeping me going. I've been telling lots of people about this website because of the encouragement and positive energy I feel from reading it.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Last night I did a 35 min high intensity aerobics class on cable. I felt great that I could keep up. I also walked for 30 min with my coworker.

Then I woke up with a cold... thank goodness I had a planned day off to go with my son on his field trip to the pumpkin patch. It was well worth it... even if I did miss my 1/2 hr walk at lunch. Oh, but I did walk UP the hill to the kids' school this afternoon. Someday I'll post a picture of it and you'll all know why I capitalized UP!

I think I'll rest tonight to try to get better. I'm supposed to give blood tomorrow to the Red Cross.
This discussion has been closed.