hi, new to this

Options
hi i'm new to this whose internet, social weight loss site thing. I hope that with interaction it will go easier than alone. I have lost over 250 lbs....30 here, 70 there.... only to regain plus some more. My job for the past 15 years is sedentary at a desk, look at a computer screen work. Add 3 kids, 1 hour drive to and from work per day and I'm just tapped out mentally when I get home. Well I switched jobs to one that is light activity - teaching - but the time I spent driving is now taken up grading papers, answering emails, and preparing lesson plans. Add some depression over losing my mom 1.5 years ago and the grayest winter on record in 2011, menopause, and i'm up to 270 lbs. I know it all sounds like excuses for my weakness and it is but I'm still going to give it another shot and hope I can hold on to lose at least 70 lbs. I'd ideally like to lose 120 lbs. We'll see how my will-power holds out and if I can dig in and get the excercise discipline going.

Replies

• tabwrn
    tabwrn Posts: 9
    Options
    Well you don't sound like you are making excuses, just explaining what your life is like. It is hard to find extra time to prepare healthy meals, exercise, log your food intake etc. But it isn't impossible. What I am trying to do is spend 30 mins to an hour on myself. If that means exercising, preparing healthy dinners etc. then that is what I plan to do. Maybe you could get creative with your kids and have them look up recipes for you, or go on walks with them etc.
    This site is great. I just joined but I really like it so far. Let me know if I can help in anyway. Terri E (tabwrn)
  • sskcrm
    sskcrm Posts: 9
    Options
    thanks for the reply. looks like your a night owl, too. :flowerforyou:
  • tabwrn
    tabwrn Posts: 9
    Options
    Yes, I work evening shift, so I am always on the computer most nights. If you want to add me as a friend that would be great. Terri