I am in MAJOR PAIN!!!!!!!!!! Suggestions...remedies

Options
Ok, so I think I have mentioned this before....I have twisted pelvis from an car accident I was in 22 years ago. I never was seen by dr. and was in alot of pain for many years until I was adult and saw a doctor at age 23. At that time I was diagnosed with the twisted pelvis and that my ligaments and muscles on the left side of my body grew shorter the the right. Ok.....now to today.....11 days ago I was exercising and I hurt myself........I am in EXCRUTIATING pain and nothing is working......cold....heat....bath...laying....sitting....back popping....massage....aspirin....ib proferin....tylenol....stretching........NOTHING....can someone suggest something please. I do not have insurance so seeing a dr. right now cannot happen (when I get hitched I will be insured ....and seeing a dr. about fixing the problem). The pain is so bad that I am feeling sick to my stomach....thinking I may need to stay in bed all day tomorrow and read..........

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sad:

I hate to be a cry baby, and I know I seem to have alot of injuries or boo boos.....seems to be the weight really I do believe...we get that off and I will be GREAT!

Replies

• mhsjl
    mhsjl Posts: 1
    Options
    Maybe a massage using Mineral Ice will help you. It helps me with my back pain.
    Also, I have used a tennis ball, which I lay on. I lay on the floor (with minimal clothing on to prevent bunching around the ball,) & put the ball under my back where the pain is. I then move my body a little to get the ball to massage the muscles. I can press my back hard on the ball to get a deeper massage, or lift up to get a lighter massage. I have also just let it stay still, & laid on it until I feel my muscles start to give a little, & the pain lessens a bit. Try it & see if it helps you.
  • bathedinshadow
    bathedinshadow Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ew... dare I say ease off on trying 10 different things on top of the other? You could be making it worse. You didn't say what exactly was hurting. What kind of pain? Throbbing, shooting, sharp? Is it isolated in one spot or does it seem to move? Does the pain increase when you move certain parts of your body? Do you remember what you did to hurt yourself?

I know you don't have insurance, and to be quite frank my experience with doctors hasn't been all that great, but maybe a free clinic? They might at the very least be able to prescribe you something to help with the pain.
  • angie2009
    angie2009 Posts: 8
    Options
    I was in a car accident and suffer pain everyday. First take 2 Aleves. A hot bath to relax the muscles and then do what the physical therapist refer to as accupressure. Since it must be near your pelvis feel along your muscles and find the tight ones. Push your index finger into it until it feels like your pushing into a bruise. It will hurt. Continue to keep pushing more while you inhale deeply counting to ten slowly. Hold your breath for as long as you can. As you exhale let off the pressure and gently rock your fingers loosening up the muscle.

Do this where ever the muscle feels tight. You'll know because those spots hurt like hell to be pushed on. This helps to release the pressure in the muscle and reduce tightness. It has been a life saver to me. Drink a lot of water after you do this. It can release built up toxins into the body from the fluid being trapped and stagnating. The whole point is to release the tensed muscles and get the fluids moving again to nourish it so it can heal.

I have massive pain on the left side of my pelvis from the seat belt. I was the driver. Safety belts are a life saver, but they sure can do some damage. Also Aleve is milder form of a prescription pain killer I take called Naproxen. The introductory dose for pain is 500mg. I think each Aleve is 220mg. Do the math, just take it easy and only take what you need to the bulk of it off.

Hope this helps,

Angie
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I was in a car accident and suffer pain everyday. First take 2 Aleves. A hot bath to relax the muscles and then do what the physical therapist refer to as accupressure. Since it must be near your pelvis feel along your muscles and find the tight ones. Push your index finger into it until it feels like your pushing into a bruise. It will hurt. Continue to keep pushing more while you inhale deeply counting to ten slowly. Hold your breath for as long as you can. As you exhale let off the pressure and gently rock your fingers loosening up the muscle.

Do this where ever the muscle feels tight. You'll know because those spots hurt like hell to be pushed on. This helps to release the pressure in the muscle and reduce tightness. It has been a life saver to me. Drink a lot of water after you do this. It can release built up toxins into the body from the fluid being trapped and stagnating. The whole point is to release the tensed muscles and get the fluids moving again to nourish it so it can heal.

I have massive pain on the left side of my pelvis from the seat belt. I was the driver. Safety belts are a life saver, but they sure can do some damage. Also Aleve is milder form of a prescription pain killer I take called Naproxen. The introductory dose for pain is 500mg. I think each Aleve is 220mg. Do the math, just take it easy and only take what you need to the bulk of it off.

Hope this helps,

Angie

Thanks for the info....my injury is on the back side of the pelvis....the original injury is on the left also...but this injury is on the right. It feels like it is the hip socket up to the arch of my back on the right side.....it's as if my lower back...hip...is trying to pop, but the bones are just locked in that OUCH position.....the pain is deep...like the socket, thats all I can say....I am icing and heating it...both seem to help. My fiancee's is forcing me to stay in bed tomorrow, I have to admit, I have been trying to live a normal life with this, but have read that 1-2 days rest is not bad.....so I think I will send him for Aleve (cause I have used that before) and do the tennis balls as mentioned above....I have heard that works. Thanks again for your input!

THANK ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR INPUT.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Look for a Bowen therapist in your area. It may take a few sessions with them but you will find relief. It is a very gentle therapy that makes the body heal itself. From what my husband has been through it is extremely effective