Couch to 10K starting this week. Anyone want to join me for

Options
I am starting the Couch to 10K today to prepare for a 10k race on March 31st. I am hoping to find some support here and would welcome anyone who wants to join me.

Replies

• Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm going to train starting Jan 15. I'm happy to cheer you on!
  • newfields
    Options
    Hi, I did that last year and really got into it, I now have 7 medals even though Im always at the back,lol. My family are so proud of me and this year Im going for a marathon. You can do it, just believe it and want it enough. I still find every run/jog hard but love it at the same time. Im in Lancashire, where are you? How are you going to start training? It is great if you have a running buddy, you can keep each other going. I am new on here but perhaps we could be friends? Not sure how to do it, vicky
  • HungryMom
    HungryMom Posts: 280
    Options
    I started the Bridge to 10K today (moves from 5K to 10K). I completed the C25K months ago and have failed each attempt at this. Would love to be each other's cheering block. My 10K is on March 3rd.
  • Alanakrahenbil
    Alanakrahenbil Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I used to run a lot in high school and once I had my kids I just stopped. I recently have gotten the motivation to get back into running and am going to sign up for a 5k on April 15th. Good luck and I'll cheer you on from Vancouver :happy:
  • kattygirl0499
    kattygirl0499 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I did my first workout today! Count me in. I will miss Weds. workout though - I will have company and the treadmill is in the guestroom.
  • elfward
    elfward Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a version of this - a 10 week plan that I found in a running special of Zest magazine. I haven't booked in for a race yet, but was thinking of doing the Sport Relief 6 miler (which is basically 10k!) - will definitely need motivation as haven't ever run more than a few km!
  • emmamummy
    emmamummy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Would love to share as I have a 5 mile run on 31 March finishing in the Olympic Statdium so I would like to be running over the line and not crawling over it!

No idea how I do the 'share' thing on this website so let me know.
    Em:happy:
  • lauralee001
    Options
    So the first day was not near as bad as expected. I was able to keep up and probably could have gone a little farther. Hopefully this will continue to be as easy as the first day. Anyone else start yet?
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Wanting to start this week and would love to join you. Where can I find the exact program?
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Am I too late? I started last Wednesday and I'll be finished week 1 tomorrow or Wednesday (depending on when I can get to the gym). I ran a 5k in September but I let running fall by the wayside. Hopefully this will get me back on track to run a 10k on Mother's Day!
  • kristina6888
    Options
    I am finishing Couch to 5k! I think Couch to 10K looks a little too intense!
  • librislady
    librislady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Count me in, I'm running a 10K on March 24! I've done a couple of 5Ks (the last one in November), but this will be my first 10K. I've been using the Couch to 10K app on my phone to stay on track, and it's been going great, but I'd love to support the MFP community. Let's do this! :D
  • katrinawil
    Options
    Where are you? What Stadium? Just was looking up info on Summer Games in London! My goal is to run a 5k in August - but it would be amazing to do a couple races before that. Just don't know where to start.