Being excessively tired at work

Options
Hi people.

Lately I have noticed that I get very tired at work (like I am today). Its about 2:20pm and I still have two hours and 40 min to go untill home time :( right now I am cringing thinking that I cant make it. How can i Stop this?

No Energy drinks because they taste like crap and are horribly detrimental to ones health, and I cant have caffine because it makes me sick. Obviously I am still looking for a healty option that wont just fizzle out after 10 min (like a sugar hit etc).

ANy information would be wonderful.

HELP

Replies

• nyspotlight
    Options
    I'm gonna sound like a hippie, but you might look into greens-based juices. It gives me a great boost. You could make juice in the morning or the night before if you have a juicer ( I do greens and cucumber and lime if I'm watching cals). If you don't have a juicer, I know you can buy powdered spirulina or liquid clorophyll. Not sure how those taste, though. But maybe worth a try?

The juice goes right to you and is very energizing. If it sounds gross, you can build up to it by increasing. The amount of green stuff in fruit juice.
  • grobbygru
    grobbygru Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Do you come good the minute you walk out the door?
    I was like that and it was because I hated my job - so I quit.
    Probably not everyones options - but maybe you need a new job??
  • FitnActiveMom
    Options
    Have you looked into Shakeology? I use to be the same way and had trouble getting through my day, let alone my workouts. I was drinking like 4 cups of coffee a day, now I have a half a cup. Amazing stuff!
    check it out!
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    fruit and nut mixes :) a small handful of dried fruit and nuts keeps me going nicely, the fruit gives a quick suger boost and the nuts (almonds/cashews/walnuts etc, not peanuts which i hate:) keep me full. i get a graze box (google it) every week and use them as afternoon snacks. they are quite expensive for what they are but i love getting a box of snacks delivered right to my desk :)

and the standard questions... are you eating enough? are you exercising for hours a day and not eating your exercise cals? or near goal weight but still trying to lose 2lb/week? the body needs fuel and feeling tired *all* the time is a possible sign you are neglecting this.
    or you just hate your job as someone else mentioned. i've been there :/
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? If you have cut your calories too low, you might not be getting in enough nutrition and energy to get you through the day. Maybe a bigger lunch or afternoon snack will help.

Are you eating the same thing every day? Try something different for lunch and see if that helps you get through the afternoon. I find that if I just have a salad I get too hungry and flat in the afternoon. But, if I add an boiled egg and half a sandwich with avocado or peanut butter I'm much better.

Do you drink tea? Try green tea or my favourite - lemon and ginger or another herbal tea. I find that these are warm and tasty and give me a little boost (not like coffee that keeps me awake if I have it in the afternoon!).
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Hi people.

Lately I have noticed that I get very tired at work (like I am today). Its about 2:20pm and I still have two hours and 40 min to go untill home time :( right now I am cringing thinking that I cant make it. How can i Stop this?

No Energy drinks because they taste like crap and are horribly detrimental to ones health, and I cant have caffine because it makes me sick. Obviously I am still looking for a healty option that wont just fizzle out after 10 min (like a sugar hit etc).

ANy information would be wonderful.

HELP

Okay could be Many things.
    How many hours do sleep every night?
    How many calories do you consume? this includes your macros and how well are you going at keeping these down?
    Are you exercising? If so do you perform this at night or in the morning?

There could be many reasons, Also could be an iron deficiency maybe? Have you had your bloods done recently?
  • JJinWI
    JJinWI Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Get your vitamin D level checked. I was extremely deficient. Had to go on prescription D. (50,000 IU's once a week for four weeks) Once I got my level back to normal, the sleepiness went away and I feel absolutely wonderful. (Joint pain also went away. I was amazed.) Getting your level checked in winter is especially important due to less sunshine.

Hope you feel better soon!