Funny responses to comments about your weight gain???

Options
Loudmom01
Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
How do you handle rude, sarcastic, hateful, or joking comments about how much you have gained or what you weigh? I dont have any myself but desperately need some comebacks!!

Replies

• lizluvs3
    lizluvs3 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    A famous quote is "I may be fat but ur ugly...and I can diet!" Lol not that I recommend actually saying that.
  • Loudmom01
    Loudmom01 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    it would depend on who u were talking to i guess
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I have had someone say that to me. I just responded with. Thank you, I wasn't sure anyone would notice. How kind of you to comment.

It usually shuts them up.
  • "I can lose weight but you'll always be an *kitten*"
  • andreacrane1
    Options
    "Although you may be tempted to respond to rude people with sarcasm or an equally rude comment, it is infinitely more powerful to remain calm and say to the person, “When you called me chunky (or told me being fat is my own fault or implied I did not look good before I lost weight), I felt angry (or upset or humiliated) because I am aware of my weight, which is not your concern. I would appreciate your keeping those sorts of negative and hurtful comments to yourself, on behalf of myself and every other overweight person.” Even though you might want to put that rude person “in their place” (wherever you think that may be!), you will make much more of an impact by directly and unapologetically sharing with them how you feel in response to their comment and by letting them know what you need in that situation." from http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/amos/Handling-RUDE-Comments.html

Something I've had to deal with too.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Some twonk in a pub one night asked me "been eating too many pies have you?"

I answered him with "yes, it was Christmas, Santa brought me loads, I guess you had the same?"

Seriously, I am all for speaking one's mind, but there is a difference between doing that and being tactful. Some people need a smash in the face!
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    Some twonk in a pub one night asked me "been eating too many pies have you?"

I answered him with "yes, it was Christmas, Santa brought me loads, I guess you had the same?"

Seriously, I am all for speaking one's mind, but there is a difference between doing that and being tactful. Some people need a smash in the face!

LOL!!!
    Speaking about how thier comments make you feel etc, is great for people you know, but a stranger throwing a comment defo needs to be smashed in the face! And this one is probably the best comeback I've heard of!
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Of course the most effective response is to lose weight but sadly in these circumstances its not possible to turn around and say. Could you just wait here a few months while I go and lose a few lbs?
  • MissMisery1313
    Options
    "Thank you, Captain Obvious. Are you going to inform me that the sky is blue and water is wet too?"