Any tips,on exercise I can do with an injured knee besides s

Options
Hi I am new to mfp,calorie tracking,and exercising.i hurt my knee.not sure what ia wrong but weight bearing exercise hurts.any tips?

Replies

• sailingsal
    sailingsal Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    sit on the edge of a chair and box with your arms, get up a rhythm. I use get in shape cardio for wii. And when i did my ankle in i did the boxing sitting on edge of chair or standing still. You can get your heart rate up with it, without damaging knee further. Also you can still do ab work outs on the floor
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    depending on how badly it is injured there are lots of aerobics videos that have chairs On Youtube. Also if it is non range of motion just weight based, Try swimming or deep water aerobics (shallow water will still have impact :) )
  • hjy319
    hjy319 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Try out some classes in the pool.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Hey - my sympathies - I am on crutches at the moment - torn meniscus ;-(....
    You should be able to swim, and in some instances you can still use a stationary bike....
    And then any upper body, and core exercises (Push ups, crunches, situps etc)
  • kaz123sing
    kaz123sing Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Swimming laps with boy or kick board between your legs should still get really good cardio.
  • lindzmt22
    lindzmt22 Posts: 335
    Options
    Besides swimming... Hmm. Well brisk walking is good, I know you already do that but for longer periods of time will give you a decent calorie burn. Also what others said- push-ups, crunches, boxing, I know you love the just dance game... ;) That burns a lot of cals I'm sure!
  • AshinAms
    AshinAms Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You should be able to use a canoeing machine in the gym (not a rower), and that can give you a great cardio workout if you push it!
  • vsmurrow
    vsmurrow Posts: 145
    Options
    Yeah... bump.
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    welcome here hope you have a great day