Best time to weight yourself?

Options
So I woke up this morning and weighed myself before I started my chores and had my morning hot chocolate. I've apparently lost 3kg since my last weigh-in. I can barely believe it.
Is the morning a good time to weigh yourself? Am I doing this correctly? I'm in a little disbelief here, haha, I wasn't expecting such a good result after Christmas and New Year!

Also, feel free to add me as a friend. I would love some new MFP buddies to get inspiration from. :)

Edit: I just noticed the LOVELY typo in the thread title. Excuse me. :laugh:

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    in the morning after the bathroom , before breakfast
  • Mummamac
    Options
    in the morning after the bathroom , before breakfast

This is what I do...light clothing (or underwear), straight after I go to the toilet when I've first woken up. Otherwise the weight can fluctuate during the day.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    And this is your true body weight, yeah?
  • jaqiswany
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I agree first thing in the morning is the best time , so many times ive been to clubs who weigh in the evening and ive weighed more than that morning and it has made me so disheartened. So im sticking to mornings too I dont want anything to sway me off track this time . Good luck everyone :-)
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options

As true and consistent as possible yes :)
  • BobFiveThousand
    Options
    This is more or less what I do as well. Although usually I haven't "used the bathroom" at this point in my day. For some odd reason my innards appear to be conditioned to wait until I get to the office, before certain "events" occur. :smile:
  • ackeebee
    ackeebee Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    i weigh every saturday morning as soon as i get up and have had a pee. i also weigh completely naked
  • SugarHighAbbie
    Options
    Yes definitely on a morning :)
    I weigh every Sunday in my underwear after going to the toilet. My weight fluctuates loads during the day, I can gain up to 5lbs by teatime. Even after having just breakfast I can put on a lb or two
  • annalicous
    annalicous Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The Best Time To Weigh Yourself Is In the morning. It always helps if you weigh yourself at the same time every weigh in as well. x
  • kalilioness
    kalilioness Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Two doctors over the years have said the same thing. First thing in the morning, right after using the bathroom, butt naked. I do it right before I jump in the shower. By the way, it is also a good way to see how salt affects you. When I have Chinese for dinner I know that I will see an increase in the morning. I will then drink water all day to flush my system.
  • callmetron
    Options
    In the morning is not a good time to weigh yourself, because you're dehydrated. It will give you a lower number, but it's not accurate. A good time for the average person would be when you get home from work in the evening, because you're properly hydrated and you haven't eaten for a while, and you can go to the bathroom before you weigh.
  • carriem73
    carriem73 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I lost a pound over the New Years weekend too- amazing!

Good for you- and good luck!!!!
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Ah, I see, thanks so much guys! :D
  • Alicja_W
    Alicja_W Posts: 169
    Options
    i think morning is a good time to weight yourself, the best :bigsmile: and important thing is to weight yourself every time the same time of the day :laugh:
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on Wednesday nights. It's the best time for me (don't own a scale, get weighed in at Jenny Craig) I don't think they'll like me weighing in naked somehow.....

Honestly as long as it's the same time with similar clothes on you're fine. The numbers don't matter as much as the consistency.
  • trkinsley
    trkinsley Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Yes. ^That.

Just pick a day/time, weigh under similar conditions, and follow the trend of this over time. And measurements can be helpful too.
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    i do my offical weigh in saturday mornings. i wear the lightest clothes and i do it before i even eat anything
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options

if your naked , yes :blushing:
  • Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Same time every week in the morning naked after pee before breakfast xx
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    Yes. :smokin: