Walking across the U.S. challenge!

Options
Hi! My name is Tami and my goal is to see how far I can walk across the United States by the end of 2012. I've made a map on Google Maps under My Places and every time I walk, I will draw a line, along the roads I choose to take, of how far I walked that specific time. For example: My beginning point is Pixley, CA, where I live, and let's say I walked 2.5 miles today, then I would move the line 2.5 miles up the road and bookmark it as my next stopping point. Then when I walk 3 miles the next day, I just pick up where I left off and bookmark the next stop and so on and so on.

It's approximately 3,000 miles to go coast to coast and I thought it would be fun to see how much of that I could walk in a year and I know it will push me to walk as far as I can each day just so I can get that much farther along on my map!

Who wants to join me in my walk across the U.S.?? I'm going to start my journey next Monday, January 9th! For those of you interested in doing this challenge with me, post your interest here and then I'll make a group under the Groups part of Community where we can support and encourage each other along our journey. So let me know below and then I'll post the URL to our group on Sunday, January 8th. Please feel free to add me as a friend and put a message with your request that you are joining me on my walk across the U.S.!

I look forward to our journey together!!

Replies