Starting P90X2

Options
Hi. I was wondering if anyone here bought the new P90X2. I will start the program on January 2, 2012. I just want to make a group for mutual support. Good day.

Replies

• tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    starting Monday - excited, a bit nervous as I have done some of the one on ones, which much of this is based on. Some of those moves were impossible for me (at this time) LOL
  • Eowyn99
    Eowyn99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wow you start it right away! I decided to start in January because I know I will not keep the commitment to the program in Christmas. I just did a round of Insanity and I will continue to do the Insanity DVDs (2nd part) this month to burn off those extra calories ;-).
  • skinz2k2
    skinz2k2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I did a few workouts las week to see what it's like but my official start day was yesterday! Bring it!
  • libland
    libland Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I am starting on Sunday following P90X Lean schedule.
  • KayronM
    KayronM Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Started Today
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    <--- this girl is starting P90X2 in 6 days.
  • Pirate1974
    Options
    I will be starting today! Previewed the first couple of workouts last night. Ready for a new challenge.
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I am in week 3 however have been derailed by the stomach flu for a week now so have just done my best to get something in. I'm finishing up this week and starting phase 2 next Sunday. I am training for a half marathon I. March and May so have found it very eay to incorporate both schedules with no cardio in this version.
  • Spazbat
    Spazbat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in, started today. Felt good, just a little awkward keeping my balance!
  • rider72
    rider72 Posts: 119
    Options
    I started last week. Loving it so far! I like the new approach with mobility and the foam roller. I've used one in the past (ad hoc) to work out pulled muscles, but not consistently like the X2series has. I've noticed an immediate impact from it. Also...I LOVE Plyocide! What a great workout.
  • tangal88
    Options
    I will be starting week four tomorrow, phase two.

I do like Plyocide, and the foam roller is nifty, I agree.
  • jenr
    jenr Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Starting P90X2 on the 2nd as well! Nutrtion plan and all!
  • Eowyn99
    Eowyn99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I'm doing some P90x to get in shape for P90x2 because when I start it I didn't think I was able to do some of the exercises. So I would love to know for some of you what the exercises feels like. If you can do all of them or some or you had to change it a little. I mean you feel a difference in your body? I'm just want to know the differences with P90x. Thanks.
  • MDFriar
    MDFriar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    nice
  • JennyLJones
    JennyLJones Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just started week 3! Love it so far! My balance has improved so much. Week one I was really iffy, now, I feel so much better about it!
  • tangal88
    Options
    sorry double post
  • tangal88
    Options
    Similar to P90X in many ways, but you do some different moves. Some are more challenging, some are about the same, just different.

The biggest difference is the amount of moves based on balance/instability. This is especially true in the first phase - which is balance and control, core moves. Much harder then one would expect.

I am now in phase two, which is more of the strength phase, but many of the familiar moves now incorporate more instability options. So you work muscles in a different way, and more muscles in many moves as you are also keeping your balance.

If You can do P90X pretty well, you should be able to do P90X2. Use modification as needed, same at P90x. :)

Most moves I can complete, but I still have lots of room to improve. I have done P90X a number of times through. Was able to do most moves in advanced format, including wrist and angle weights on all cardio DVDs. (classic and doubles)

A few exceptions are some of the pull up related moves, since I can only do two pull ups without assistance.

I have recently purchased the Pull Up assist band (the beach-body one) and personally think it was an excellent investment. It enables me to better do an assisted pullup with correct form, so I feel it will better get me to the place to do unassisted pullups.

Some things I like about PO90x2, phases are more flexible. So you can stay in a phase longer if you need to focus more on that area. Or less, if you feel you have it mastered. You add in recovery week where you feel you need it.

Foam rollers nifty. I like the cool down and warm up phases better. Like Plocide better, as I have a knee with issues. This plyo version is easier for me to master then the original, which I had to modify more on some knee focused moves.

V sculpt, love it. Upper body workout.

Balls upper body workout, I injured my wrist when a ball rolled out from under my hand. Wrist is still messed up. So the balls is not my favorite at the moment. Moves all done on unstable balls. I do like the challenge of the balance here though, so will be tackling it with gusto soon.

Stretching, yoga DVDs. Not my cup of tea. So I skip them.

Things I hate hate hate - dang crap at beginning of DVDs. Medical Warnings you cannot fast forward through. I understand the CYA mentality. But after seeing a DVD 5 times, I really do not need to wait yet again on all that.

BB advertising at beginning. Then listing of what you need, then Tonys intro.....I literally put DVD in player, start it, and walk out of the room to change clothes, get my drink etc. When I get back, I am at an area I can fast forward through about three screens and start the workout.

When I come to workout, I am ready to start NOW - not after 10 min of "stuff" A quick start option is a MUCH NEEDED addition to the menu.

Worksheets with all the advertising at bottom, wastes space, and makes the worksheet fonts very small and hard to read. Especially in a dim lite workout room at 6 AM.

But I can live with those annoyances, and certainly will not make me discount the value of the program overall. :)

I would not say P90X2 is harder, so much as different challenges, and stresses body in some alternate ways. Which is good. Some moves are certainly much harder, other are a bit easier. So it all sort of pans out.

Do I feel it, after a workout - yep. Do I hurt for Days, like when I first started P90X? no. :) Just a pleasant, I worked my muscles, soreness.

I think if one likes P90X, and likes the challenge of it. If you have completed Classic or Double, with good form, and able to do most moves. You could likely do P90X2 also.

If you feel you are bored with P90x, or want a new fresh challenge in similar style - then P90X2 will suit you. Both plans can be easily interchanged, as you progress in each. So you are able to always keep things fresh.
  • 13nicholas
    13nicholas Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Started Tuesday. First Day Off was Today. Staying on the Diet as well!