Any protein drinks that AREN'T milkshakes?

Options
I can't stand milkshakes but would like to try protein drinks as a post workout recovery aid. Anything available in the UK?
I've tried chocolate flavoured protein bars etc but they just taste a little.....wrong somehow.

Any help appreciated!

Replies

• jwilds1010
    jwilds1010 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own.

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 banana
    3-4 frozen strawberries
    ice cubes
    1/4 cup apple juice

Blend well.

One of my favorites.
  • alyssamiller77
    alyssamiller77 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they're available in the UK but while at the store last night I did see a protein shot. Small bottle of fruit flavored juice with 28g of whey protein in it. I just did a quick google search, couldn't find what I saw last night but did fine a bunch of other options from online retailers.
  • Kandace_Riopel
    Kandace_Riopel Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My 4 yr old is On kaizen naturals natural whey unflavoured. It's gluten free and 24 g of protien per scoop. It can be mixed into anything including food. At least that's what the health food store told me to do to get it into my son. Sprinkle it on toast cereal grilled cheese. Anything goes when it's unflavoured!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Special K makes a protein water additive. You basically pour powder into 16oz of water and shake. Its available at most pharmacies in the US, and in grocery stores. I think each serving is 4-6g of protein (i could be off on this, haven't used them in years).
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm drinking Unjury Strawberry Sorbet in water. It's 100 calories, 20 grams whey protein (isolate). I use it when I need the extra protein without too many more calories!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are actually more like chocolate or vanilla milk than a milkshake. They only get to milkshake like consistency if you blend them with a bunch of stuff, mainly banana’s which whips it up into a nice thick shake.

Just put a scoop in a bottle, add 3/4 cup water and 3/4 cup milk (so it's tastes like chocolate milk but lower in cals) and now you have a high protein chocolate drink - any brand of protein powder you can get in the UK will do.
  • MHunte
    MHunte Posts: 149
    Options
    try isopure,its 50 grams of protein per serving,(100% whey protein isolate), its also has zero carbs, zero sugar, lactose free aspartame free and 4.6G L-Glutamine per serving.I use the creamy vanalla and mix with 12oz of water after workout.I think its the best bang for your buck imo.
  • snowstorme
    snowstorme Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Not sure if they're available in the UK but while at the store last night I did see a protein shot. Small bottle of fruit flavored juice with 28g of whey protein in it. I just did a quick google search, couldn't find what I saw last night but did fine a bunch of other options from online retailers.

Sounds like the Met RX protein power shots. I bought these from Sam's club. They work but taste bizarre. I would basically chug it in a couple seconds then drink 20oz of water to wash the taste out of my mouth lol. Not buying them again.