A workout that will kick my butt

Options
So far I've lost 37 pounds. My stamina and fitness level has increased TREMENDOUSLY! I've hit a wall as far as losing more weight and all of my Dvd's have gotten too easy for me. I've done Jillian Michaels 30DS, Burn Fat Boost Metabolism, and Shred it with weights. I've done all of Tae bo DVD's, I've tried some Denise Austin ones. Which ones do you suggest? Not for toning but for losing weight and burning hundreds of calories per workout.

Replies

• jen0731
    jen0731 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Maybe try zumba.
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Billy Blanks Ultimate Bootcamp

Jillian Michaels - Killer Buns and Thighs

JM - Ripped in 30
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I meant to mention those. I've tried all those except the Killer buns and thighs. Thank you
  • Ebwash89
    Ebwash89 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have Zumba on the Wii. Does it compare to a Zumba class?
  • ambervargo
    ambervargo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire or Insanity
  • kolbycheese
    kolbycheese Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just switched to Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. I like it a lot.

You could always buy a heart rate monitor so you can track how many calories you are burning. Make sure it is one with a chest strap. My last two heart rate monitors did not have a chest strap and I couldn't tell if the caloric burn was accurate or not. I ordered a new one and should be receiving it today and I will be able to tell if I need to bump up my effort during my work-out. :)

Hope this helps!

Kelli
  • rayleansout
    Options
    I got a great one - totally free - go to http://www.bodyrock.tv/ and do the fitness test, then pick a workout. These workouts are serious and are interval based for prolonged fat burning.
  • SteveMartino
    Options
    Try P90x or P90x2. I've been doing P90x for over a year and it never gets easy because I keep changing the weights/resistance bands and making it harder.
  • rogie66
    rogie66 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    go on-line and google "circuit training"...you can customize your own circuit to be as hard or as easy as you prefer. I suggest trying the "Spatacus workout". Its something you can do at home and it will definitely challenge you...mix up your circuits to keep your body from developing a "memory". Good luck!:wink:
  • treatingmybodyright
    treatingmybodyright Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Try Debbie Sieber's Slim Series and/or Tony Horton's Power 90 Master Series. Every workout combines resistance (either from your own body or hand weights) and cardio, and there is excellent variety in the programs. I'd also highly recommend Turbo Jam, which is fun and will get you sweating!
  • Are you only doing DVDs? Like do you have a gym membership?

If you are only doing DVDs: I would suggest looking into p90x. My brother is about halfway through and is already seeing AMAZING results - he didn't drop that much weight, but has built an insane amount of muscle & his wasitline has shrunk alot (compared to before). I have also heard great things about Insanity

If you have a gym membership: Take advantage of it! Run on the treadmill, take a spin class, go for a swim in the pool, try zumba or step aerobics, and get on those weights (more muscle = greater fat burn)

Hope this all helps!! Good luck :-)
  • stonea22
    Options
    If you have an iphone, try the Nike Women's Training Club app. Those workouts are tough and there are lots of choices, based on interest, training focus, and equipment
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire or Insanity

Either of these will kick your butt! I've done TF and now doing Insanity and I had good fitness before I started.
  • Alachofra15
    Alachofra15 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Oh and if you like Tae Bo you will LOVE Turbo Fire.
  • JenGranzow
    JenGranzow Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    ChaLean Extreme!
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I've heard Insanity and P90X are killer workouts.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Get in a fight
  • sweettoothfairy
    sweettoothfairy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    If you like cardio based program try Insanity, if you need more of circuit training and weight training try Jari love ripped series.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    My recs are Turbo Fire or Insanity. I've done the first but am afraid to try the second (too hard??).
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire or Insanity by Beachbody.