Newbie!

Options
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site today and determined to shift the dreaded flab.

Any helpful tips and hints are very much welcomed.

And I need friends on here to get me through this. I've done it before and hopefully I'll do it again. So any adds will be accepted!

I'm trying to support my little sister who has got pancreatitis and needs a fat free diet in order to stay well, as you can imagine it's very difficult, so all support would be welcome.

14192114.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• angela475
    Options
    Hi!

I'm also new to the site (after signing up a few months ago, I finally got motivated to start properly on 1 January) - I need to lose about 8 kilos (after losing 15 kilos last year, I was about 5 kilos off my goal but then put a couple of kilos back on by travelling overseas and lapsing back into comfort eating habits)

I'm in Sydney Australia and would love to have some more people on here to help motivate me (and vice versa) - I can see that this is going to work already because one of the friends I have on here did more exercise than me yesterday and that motivated me to get off the couch and do some more activity so I don't fall behind!

I'm done making excuses for eating badly and not taking care of myself, so if you're on the same track then add me!

Also, for anyone wanting little pieces of wisdom/motivation in a really accessible way, I highly suggest following Michelle Bridges on Twitter and/or Facebook, she knows her stuff!

Good luck everyone and I hope to meet some of you soon!

Ange :-)
  • TrinaCanDoThis
    Options
    Good luck! We can do this...one day at a time! I'm here for ya and will definitely send a friend request! :happy:
  • steffihoney
    Options
    Good morning!

I sent you a friend request. We can do this!!
  • GrahamBarwick
    Options
    good luck to you all :smile:
  • daboyzma
    daboyzma Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Will definitely add you! I'm in the same boat you are....also, how in the world did you add your ticker to your page...where do you paste the code??!!
  • chargermama0501
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new too and encouragment is def needed! Can't wait to read more success posts!
  • SophW27
    SophW27 Posts: 19
    Options
    Will definitely add you! I'm in the same boat you are....also, how in the world did you add your ticker to your page...where do you paste the code??!!

Go to Tools then ticker then retrieve ticker code or something :/

Really really chuffed that so many people are getting involved. We can do this, one tiny pound at a time :)
  • KandieLantz
    KandieLantz Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me for support! :happy:
  • creeperlegume
    creeperlegume Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies today! We're all in this together!!! Feel free to add me.
  • K_M_O_C_K
    K_M_O_C_K Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm new myself. Signed up before the holidays but haven't really gotten started until now. I'm looking to lose around 30-35 pounds and was told about this site by my trainer (he even has the access codes to check out what I am eating, yikes!). I would definitely love to have a little support group on here so feel free to add me! I too have lost before (and sadly gained back). I need to make this a liftetime change, not a short term fix. I need to lose it and KEEP it off this time.
  • chrissi_k
    chrissi_k Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    welcome to you and everybody posting here that they are new :) I think mfp is a great way to keep on track what you are eating and how much you are exercising. It makes it way easier to lose weight :)

You can all do it and I am sure you will love mfp :)

If anybody is still in need of support feel free to add me and I will try my best to support you as much as I can.