Today I joined Weight Watchers!!

Options
I will be using Weight Watchers and MFP together to achieve my weight loss goals. Looking for friends who use both programs also =) It's a new day, a new month, a new year and a new me!! I want to look as good as Jennifer Hudson when I'm done. My goal is to become a lifetime member while still being able to have my support group here on MFP. (totally love this site)

Replies

• Kelly1493
    Options
    I would like a Weight Watcher friend. New to this site but not WW. Need to lose 40 more pounds would like to make goal by the first of May 2012.
  • MelissaGraham7
    MelissaGraham7 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I was in Weight Watchers for several years and then added MFP this year. Weight Watchers is a very good program to keep the weight off forever! And MFP is awesome and free. You can do it. It IS a brand new year!
  • Shajsum
    Shajsum Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I will be starting weight watchers this week!! Im excited about it too!
  • skinnydreams165
    skinnydreams165 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!!!
  • outofideaz
    Options
    I would like a Weight Watcher friend. New to this site but not WW. Need to lose 40 more pounds would like to make goal by the first of May 2012.

Hi Kelly,

I would like to lose about 30-ish lbs and I too am looking for WW friends. Message me to tell me more about you.

Christie.
  • liseyicious
    Options
    I use Weight Watchers, but like this site for the support.
  • ferb55
    ferb55 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I JOINED TODAY TOO!
  • jemko
    jemko Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I joined on Saturday. :) I'm using both sites, which is kind of a pain to do right now, but the good thing is that I'm seeing that if I log everything in MFP and calculate all of the Fat/Fiber/Protein/Carbs of all of the foods (except fruit) and add that to the WW calculator, it seems to be right on the money with what my points are, in comparison to how the WW tracker has logged them. So, if I get completely sick of using both for logging, I can log here at MFP and then calculate out my points that way. Knowing myself, it will come to that eventually. lol
  • tinkerbell42381
    tinkerbell42381 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just re-joined WW last night after being away for quite awhile. I like using the MFP website much better then the WWetools, so I'm planning to track points on my little WW calculator, but keep track of my daily food on MFP. It's nice to know that other people are doing the same thing - I'm hoping this will work out well for me :)
  • Hummingbird82
    Hummingbird82 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also just re- joined Weight Watchers. I lost a lot of weight 3 years ago with weight watchers and have maintained that weight (143 lbs) for 3 years, but decided to go back to try and lose that last 13 pesky pounds. BUT I love thsi site for the community forums and information so gonna try both. Is there a Group on here for Weight Wtchers members because I noticed ALOT of negativity on this site when weight watchers is mentioned (I personnaly found it to be effective since i dropped from 180 pounds to 143 pounds with them) If there isn't a group lets start our own! Good luck on the weight loss journey everyone! :bigsmile:
  • RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have been considering joining Weight Watchers on line. I was a member years ago and went to meetings - loved it. It was a great motivation for me to get my little silver star!!! I am trying to decide though, whether it really has anything on line that MFP doesn't because it will be hard to keep up with both on a daily basis.

Pros and Cons?
  • Tivonapretty
    Tivonapretty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    LOL I know that's right!!! I'm a weight watchers also, and I'm doing both too!!!!!! I need the support so lets help each other.
    :smile:
  • Tivonapretty
    Tivonapretty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm looking for a friend as well. I'm new to this site, but has been a weightwatchers member for almost 2 years. The program works, I just have to work it. LOL
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    You can all feel free to add me. I have been doing WW with MFP since October 22, 2011. I have lost 19.4 since joining them.
  • SaSSyhasCurls
    Options
    It's funny, I went to my first WW meeting in over 2 and a half years yesterday. I'm thinking of doing MFP for tracking, and WW every two weeks. Good luck on your journey, I'm looking for motivational pals as well; So feel free to add me!!! :smile:
  • tinkerbell42381
    Options
    I'm interested in starting a WW group if one doesn't already exist :happy:
  • nikki1anna
    Options
    I would join your WW group.

I use WW, because I lose weight perfectly on plan, but their community sucks =(..lol
  • outofideaz
    Options
    I'm interested in starting a WW group if one doesn't already exist :happy:

I tried to start one called "Weight Watchers Accountability Thread " hoping that people would join me there daily to encourage each other but I'm pretty much the only one that posts there. I made up my mind that I'm just going to do it anyway, even if I'm doing it alone. If anyone would like to join me there, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, if you prefer to start another one, I'm fine with that too. Just let me know so I can look for it. I would really like the company and the accountability.

Christie
  • tinkerbell42381
    Options
    I found a group called "Weight Watchers Points Plus" that seems great, but to me the more support the better, so I will also check out the accountability thread :smile: