mixing up jillian

Options
quick question

what would be better

doing a different jillan dvd each day - or doing a week on one then switching?

i was thinking of doing 5 days of one of the 30 min workouts, then at the weekend do BFBM or NMTZ, then the next week change the weekly one etc
(ie - WK 1 30DSL1, WK2 6WK6PK, WK 3 RIPPED IN 30, WK 4 BUNS AND THIGHS - Then repeat but up the level etc)

any thoughts?

Replies

• Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I stick with two DVD's everyother day for a few weeks then switch it up. Now I am doing Killer Buns and Thighs and 6 week 6 pack but I will probably switch it up in a few weeks to BFBM and Ripped in 30 everyother day. Just to keep it changing and not do the same thing all the time!
  • christinekwest
    Options
    I just got ripped in 30, but am at a loss to find it in the excercise log. Anyone know what to look under?
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I wonder how others do it too. I get bored easy and have a hard time sticking to one dvd for so long.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I just got ripped in 30, but am at a loss to find it in the excercise log. Anyone know what to look under?

There's an option to manually add an exercise if you can't find it by searching. That's how I logged Ripped in 30 when I did it. By the way, welcome to MFP! :flowerforyou:
  • christinekwest
    Options
    Thanks.
    Could you give me an idea of calories burned though? Or does it come up automatically?
    Did you log it under cardio or strength? I guess its different for everyone depending on how hard they work during the vid.
  • Michelle_Nicole
    Michelle_Nicole Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I log it as circut training because I dont have a HRM yet. killer buns and thighs i think is right around 300 per 40mins
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    Could you give me an idea of calories burned though? Or does it come up automatically?
    Did you log it under cardio or strength? I guess its different for everyone depending on how hard they work during the vid.

I log mine under circuit training until I can get a Heart rate monitor
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I stick with two DVD's everyother day for a few weeks then switch it up. Now I am doing Killer Buns and Thighs and 6 week 6 pack but I will probably switch it up in a few weeks to BFBM and Ripped in 30 everyother day. Just to keep it changing and not do the same thing all the time!

I'm doing the same as Michelle lol

Mondays b/c I have work and class usually I do 30DS
    Tuesday & Thursdays for Jan. will be 6week 6pack
    Wednesday & Fridays for Jan. will be killer buns and thighs
    Saturday Metabolism boost
    Sunday Level 1 & 2 of yoga meltdown & possibly another metabolism boost

February same schedule except upping it to level 2

I've also started incorporating walking again and quick morning workouts
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am mixing 3 JM dvds right now. I am enjoying it and not getting bored. Somedays I have been doing the shred in the morning and another in the afternoon.

30ds
    BF,BM
    6wk, 6pk