Dont know if you remember or not....

Options
A couple months ago I had posted a topic about how my BEST FRIEND had totally criticized my efforts to lose weight and I just didn't understand why! I know now that shes always been jealous of me and my life and just couldn't stand that I was happy...
Here's the kicker.....On March 3, the day before my son's 7th birthday, my HUSBAND came home and told me that he and my BEST FRIEND have been having an affair since the middle of February!!!!
A lot has changed since then...I threw him out, and he's living with her at her mother's house. I started a new job this week, a big adjustment since I've been a SAHM pretty much for 7 years. My 4 kids are in daycare, and I'm starting to get in the swing of being a single mom.
And another big change....I have lost a total of 36 pounds!!!!! I decided that through all of this, I'm not gonna be depressed and down, I'm gonna keep up with my efforts and it's paying off! I'm only 29 years old, and I'm gonna take care of myself now...for me and for my kids. I'm not ready to move on right now obviously, but I don't wanna be alone forever, and I feel confident that when I'm ready, I'll find the perfect man for me and my kids.
I was so excited when I jumped on the scales, I just HAD to share!!! Have a good day!!!

Replies

• frazzelmama
    Options
    A couple months ago I had posted a topic about how my BEST FRIEND had totally criticized my efforts to lose weight and I just didn't understand why! I know now that shes always been jealous of me and my life and just couldn't stand that I was happy...
    Here's the kicker.....On March 3, the day before my son's 7th birthday, my HUSBAND came home and told me that he and my BEST FRIEND have been having an affair since the middle of February!!!!
    A lot has changed since then...I threw him out, and he's living with her at her mother's house. I started a new job this week, a big adjustment since I've been a SAHM pretty much for 7 years. My 4 kids are in daycare, and I'm starting to get in the swing of being a single mom.
    And another big change....I have lost a total of 36 pounds!!!!! I decided that through all of this, I'm not gonna be depressed and down, I'm gonna keep up with my efforts and it's paying off! I'm only 29 years old, and I'm gonna take care of myself now...for me and for my kids. I'm not ready to move on right now obviously, but I don't wanna be alone forever, and I feel confident that when I'm ready, I'll find the perfect man for me and my kids.
    I was so excited when I jumped on the scales, I just HAD to share!!! Have a good day!!!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    I am SO sorry for that horrible news! You need to kick him in the ding ding and run like mad!:laugh: But good job for you for picking yourself up and carrying on. I don't think I could be as strong as you, I really don't. You are gonna go far with that awesome attitude. Also, great job on the 36 lbs. Kudos!!!:flowerforyou:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    Well done on the weight lost!!! I was in a similar position at the beginning of Feburay, when my wife told me she didn't love me anymore and that she had feelings for someone else. I was destroyed and feel like the person i was died that day. I'm so happy for you, you seem to be doing so well. And I wish i had your confidance about finding someone else.

I think this post should be in the inspirational section!

Cheers

Al :flowerforyou:
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry for what happened to you, but I am so happy for you that you've found the strength to pick yourself up and move on to a better place in your life! You go!!

And congratulations on your loss!!!

Isn't wierd how things make sense when the truth comes out? And the truth always comes out...

:flowerforyou: I wish you the best in your new journey :flowerforyou:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for what happened to you. Don't let their actions get you down....it isn't worth it. Move on and let them know that they HAVEN'T beaten you.
    Congratulations on the weight loss and keep your chin up!! It can only get better.:flowerforyou:
  • SoulfulLori
    Options
    Oh, you should be so proud of your reactions to this really crap treatment! They suck...YOU ROCK! It just proves that in life we can't control what happens to us...only how we react to it and you are totally getting an A+++++++ in that department. What a great role model you are.

Keep focusing on you and your great success. Good things will happen from your positive energy. I know this to be true!

Big hugs!
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    There sure is alot of jealousy going around... what's going on??!
    Anywho..... you've lost over 150 pounds (or however much he weighs).. INSTANTLY!(your husband:laugh: )
    You are such an awesome person. You are doing so well for yourself and your children. You're getting your life on track, you're losing weight, your kids are in great hands..... excellent job!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*STANDING OVATION!*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on not letting this distroy you.
    It would have been so easy to become depressed and bitter and wallow in self pity.
    Instead you forged ahead and are making positive changes in your life.
    You will definately attract the right person and your life will be so much better because of these
    changes .
    keep up the good work and keep us updated on your progress.
    We will be there if you stumble or if you want a cheering section.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome that you kept your motivation!

I am in the process of getting a divorce. I had asked my husband so many times to work out with me because I was self concious about all the baby fat and stuff. Shortly there after he came home talking about this girl that he coached at his work that week and that she had two kids and didn't look like it cause she ran marathons....To say the least I ended up finding out the reason he didn't want to work out with me was because he was working out with her among other things... Keep it up hunny! We are proud of you!
  • iojoi
    iojoi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    your attitude is so inspiring welldone for using whats happened in such a positive manner
    you go girl and enjoy your life its sounds like you are better off without either of them and they have done you a massive favour because they deserve each other..
    :flowerforyou:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Please accept my simpathy! Your attitude is an inspiration!.

Best of luck to you!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Sorry about what your husband and so called friend has put you and your children through. Don't let him off easy though, take him to court as soon as possible and get the child support your children deserve. Trust me I know, I let mine off to easy and this just means you will be working double shifts at work. He is the one that messed up not you and your children. :mad: Congratulations on loosing the weight, and having such a positive look on yourself worth.:drinker:
  • icupfunny2000
    icupfunny2000 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome you have been so strong through all of this ... it is inspirational to all of us :bigsmile:
  • FUNinTHEsun
    FUNinTHEsun Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    you are truly an inspiration!!! i wish you all the best in this new chapter of your life, and never forget...we are all here for you!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Wow. You are awesome!! :drinker: Congratulations on your weight loss and having the strength to stand tall in the midst of adversity. I guess you just proved my theory - when people are nasty it is more about them than about me. You are a great role model for your kids and you will come through this with flying colors! Congrats on the new job - hope it goes VERY well for you!! God bless you - remember when it gets tough we're here for you too.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My goodness what a shock for you.

You are triumphant, though. You rock out loud!:flowerforyou:
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You stay strong girl!! You have the right attitude and you will succeed through this tough time. Some wouldn't have been able to take action like you have. Good luck in your journey and stay strong and positve:flowerforyou:

Adrienne
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Here's to you lady!!!:flowerforyou:

I'm sooo proud of your outlook and keep up the tremendous work you've done! wow! you are truly a beauty on the outside and inside and oh you know Karma is a beyotch! lmbo....They deserve each other and you deserve the best!

hugs and good goin at being back to work! hugs to you and the kids!!!
    Ali :heart:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    What an amazing person you are! So many of us would just crumble and if anything, this would be a great excuse to "fall of the wagon" but you are so right in continuing to take care of yourself and your children.

Just think about all the energy you were putting into your marriage which you can now direct toward something that will give you rewards, your health and your children.

Great job on the weight loss and attitude!

P.S. I totally agree with the person who said not to let him off easy. Get a lawyer now and start getting your financial support. I would also get clear parameters on what is allowed with child visitations. I would defintily put in the papers that he cannot have visitations with the children and the ex-best friend until the divorce is final. How confusing that would be for them!
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I remember your post and now it must be clear to why she was so easy to hurt your feelings. Obvoiusly she is not your friend and the two of them probably deserve each other. I am happy you are thinking about yourself and not the past. Keep up the good work