Breakfast Help?

Options
Anyone have any quick, simple and healthy breakfasts. I get tired of oatmeal and don't really like eggs all that much and I don't have a lot of time in the a.m. to make breakfast. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks--Dorothy :happy:

Have a great day!!

Replies

• gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Can you do a protein shake? Normally I would suggest taking the veggies from dinner from the night before, scramble it with a couple eggs, and throw it in a wrap. You definitely want a good protein source in the morning it will help you feel full longer. Next time you're back home let me know, we can get together and trade recipes. Have good lunch and dinner stuff, breakfast not so much. Lol.
  • tashaperk
    tashaperk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I like to make up cottage cheese pancakes on the weekend then freeze them. That way you can quickly warm them up (or toast them) mornings you're in a rush. I like Tosca Reno's recipe. There are a ton of other protein or cottage cheese pancake recipes out there though. If anyone has a favourite please share!

I like to take a scoop of protein powder, a tbsp of PB2 and just enough water (approx. 1-2 tbsp) and mix it into a syrup/icing type spread for my pancakes...great way to get that extra protein intake!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Muesli is awesome - I've eaten it for years now.
    You can either get it premade at a store, or you can make your own:

Simple recipe:
    3 cups rolled oats
    1 cup barley/rye flakes
    1 cup wheat germ
    1 cup sunflower seeds
    1 cup pepitas (raw/unsalted)
    1 cup almonds
    1 cup fruit trail mix or assorted dried fruits

You can play with it and make it how you like. To serve, take a half cup of the mix and combine it with 1 cup of milk. You can also heat it in a microwave to serve hot.
  • kristijoanderson
    Options
    1 cup corn flakes (not frosted)
    1 cup nonfat skim milk
    2 TBSP raisins
    2 TBSP chopped almonds

has right around 430 calories and great source of protein. Tastes great and will hold you till lunch. The monounsaturated fat from the almonds will encourage fat burning and weight loss, also makes you feel full.
  • Charity1492
    Charity1492 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love the soy protein powder...throw it in the blender with favorite fruits or veggies and it is a great FAST breakfast that you can even take with you in the car!!!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    non-sugary cereal w/milk? toast with natural jelly or pb? English muffin w/pb and honey?
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of oatmeal either. I've been eating Kashi-go Lean crunch with almond milk. If I have fruit on hand, I throw in a handfull.
  • LastMinuteMama
    LastMinuteMama Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of oatmeal either. I've been eating Kashi-go Lean crunch with almond milk. If I have fruit on hand, I throw in a handfull.
  • deeR504
    deeR504 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I myself struggle with breakfast daily. I have never been a breakfast person and last several yeard have made it a point to eat something for breakfast as I used to skip it for years. I also get sick of oatmeal lol! i think everyone does. however, I found tasty oatmeal made by Better Oats, and have raw, organic, and many different flavors even muffin.

I always wanted to try a soy protein powder. how does that taste?

try a whole wheat english muffin with 1tbsp of real honey w/a bannana. so yummy:smile:
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thanks all - some good ideas. Think I will look into the protein shakes and some of the cereal suggestions. I could keep almond or soy milk in fridge at work and eat when I get in. I will also look at some of the other suggestions for the weekend and may try to make a Musseli (spelling - sorry).
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i am deffinitely gonna try some of these ideas because i have the same issue. i eat oatmeal just about every morning, and i don't like eggs either. but i also neeed something fast.

thanks guys
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I eat the Smart Ones Morning Express...my favorite is the French Toast with Turkey Sausage. I also like whole grain reduced fat waffles with peanut butter on it.
  • Hobb3s
    Hobb3s Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Toasters Pita Break - Apple Cinnamon Breakfast Pita or
    special K red berries.. and I like at add my own frozen berries.. blue or straw or mixed.
    Nice simple quick breakfasts.
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I hate oatmeal, so for me it's usually string cheese and a slice of whole wheat toast.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    What about a sandwich or a wrap? Leftovers from dinner heated up? Breakfast doesn't have to be 'breakfest' foods!
  • chrissyv1024
    chrissyv1024 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    yogurt (greek) + fruit + granola or without the fruit or the granola
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Try a high fiber cereal like Total or FiberOne and top it with strawberries, blueberries or bananas. Either eat with whatever milk you like or I also like to make a greek yogurt parfait out of it by layering the ingredients.

Also a whole wheat english muffin topped with almond butter and sliced bananas is really good.

SMOOTHIES! You can put whatever you want in them. I like to put protein powder (Jillan Michaels brand is what I use for this but its up to you), frozen berries or other frozen fruit, banana, and a little OJ or Almond/Rice/Soy (whatever you drink) milk.
  • I like the Earthbound Organic Apple Slices Snack Pack (just discovered them). They already come pre-sliced, so all you have to do is pop open a bag and start munchin - they're so easy you could eat them on your way to work. Pair that with some low fat yogurt or plain greek yogurt and BAM there's your breakfast.
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Chobani yogurt, a banana and two pieces of Roman Meal Whole wheat bread toasted. Its what I had for Breakfast today.
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I usually have Kashi GoLean! Crunch (I love the honey almond flax flavor!), a Dole smoothie shaker with skim milk or if I am in a real hurry, I have a whole wheat Smucker's pb & j uncrustable.