Working Out

Options
Hi everyone was just wondering what kind of exercises that are beginners and that you also do without a gym I can't afford to go to a gym right now. =)

Replies

• Jenene88
    Jenene88 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. I dot go to the gun but I buy the each body products cuz in the long run it saves me that 1200 a year for a gym membership when I can just spend the 119$ and less for a programs I can do when I want at home. If you don't have the money for that you. An go to Walmart nd get some workout videos or go running everyday and increase the amount if miles to it little by little. You can also go online and YouTube workout videos. I know one is like 4mins long from why other ppl have done.
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    ChaLean Extreme from www.beachbody.com is a great starter program.

Also, 30 Day Shred from Jillian Michaels is available in most stores and costs about $10. It's only a 20min workout so you have to pair it up with something else (I did, at least).
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Looks like you live in Florida? Since the weather is pretty good all year long, why not get outside and WALK..then build that up to running (start with sprints and work on extending the length of them as you become stronger). Check out the "Couch to 5K" programs.

Biking is good too, if you have one (or can get your hands on one at a good price).
  • VoluptuousBritt22
    Options
    Thank you all so much!!! *Hugs*
  • ClarkAddison
    ClarkAddison Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Find something you enjoy doing to get you moving. You're more likely to stick with it.
  • tonguetied07
    tonguetied07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You might find turbojam to be a bit easier and cost effective. Before trying CharleneExtreme....
  • lagcrg
    lagcrg Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba off of You Tube, just found the ones I felt would give me the best workout. Also throw in some Ab crunches and push-ups and go walking for about 40 min a day when the weather allows. All this is free and I can do it on my time. What type things/movements do you like? If you like dancing than find some form of dance workout, if you like weights, running, walking than find a way to fit them in your day. There is a lot of stuff out there so if you have an idea of what you want to do it will be easier for you to start. If you work in a place with stairs use them instead of the elevator. Every little movement helps. Good luck.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone was just wondering what kind of exercises that are beginners and that you also do without a gym I can't afford to go to a gym right now. =)

There's always Couch to 5K. All you need is a good pair of running shoes (go get fit at a running store!), some warm clothes, and the road. Some good music on the iPod helps, too!

I'm also doing the New Rules of Lifting workout (started yesterday, and I am SO sore this morning!). You basically need some weights (preferably the kind that allow you to add weight to them) and the book and some space in your house. A stability ball would be helpful, too.

I'm doing the C25K on T/Th/Sat and New Rules on M/W/F. I'm doing the New Rules at the gym so I have all the equipment I need and I can warm up on the elliptical, but it can be done at home (he even mentions how to do each exercise if working out at home).
  • keywestsunset
    keywestsunset Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    you can rent work out dvds at the library. Or go to hiking trails
  • VoluptuousBritt22
    Options
    The part of Florida I stay in gets really really cold I will try walking and jump rope and I saw Comcast has a fitness channel on, on demand woo!
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges (forward, backward and side), jumping jacks, mountain climbers, burpees, windmills, shadow boxing, front kicks, back kicks, side kicks, push-ups, sit-ups, planks, jumping rope (no rope required).

The list is endless. Buy some dumbbells to increase the resistance. All fitness equipment will be on sale thru January at discount stores like Target and Walmart. Very small investment worth every penney.