Whey Protein help... PLEASE!!!

Options
I am wanting to start a meal replacement with Whey Protein, but don't know which to buy with so many out there.... I been told Body Fortress Super from Walmart cause it taste good and cheaper... But I need help w/ every ones opion... I don't want anything gritty or chalcky tasting.. Thanks for any help!

Replies

• nitau
    nitau Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I prefer Whey Isolate Protein from GNC in vanilla, its called Isopure. I dont think you should go cheap with protein. If you join GNC's gold club card, you can get extra discounts. There are a ton of proteins out there, vitalady.com has some and I hear the Vitamin Shoppe has some too.
  • KellsJourney
    KellsJourney Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I use the double chocolate, Optimum Nutrition Whey Protein
  • Breedy75
    Breedy75 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I am wanting to start a meal replacement with Whey Protein, but don't know which to buy with so many out there.... I been told Body Fortress Super from Walmart cause it taste good and cheaper... But I need help w/ every ones opion... I don't want anything gritty or chalcky tasting.. Thanks for any help!

Why?

Honestly, eating a chicken or other lean meats far outweighs protein in many ways. For the most part any protein that "taste good" is going to have things added to achieve that. Further a protein shake is a lot less filling than a salad with some chicken or salmon.

If protein is that way you want to go I would check out Sam's Club or Costco as they usually have EAS or MuscleTech for ~34 for 5/6 lbs. There are various sources online and I recall Optimum Nutrition as mixing easily and not tasting like chalk. As a personal preference I usually buy vanilla when/if I am supplementing. My reasoning is that I can add things like No Sugar Added Apple Sauce or a Banana for taste with out adding a huge amount of calories. The Cookies and Cream is probably going to taste like Cookies and Cream no matter what you add.

YMMV
  • mahidac
    mahidac Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have used body fortress - the walmart whey protein - and I like it a lot, it tastes great and you get a ton of value for the dollar, the only thing negative i have to say about it is that it tends not to fill me up.

If I take a casein shake - I tend to be fuller for a lot longer, so sometimes I will go that route
  • georgia98_98
    georgia98_98 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

Why?

Honestly, eating a chicken or other lean meats far outweighs protein in many ways. For the most part any protein that "taste good" is going to have things added to achieve that. Further a protein shake is a lot less filling than a salad with some chicken or salmon.

If protein is that way you want to go I would check out Sam's Club or Costco as they usually have EAS or MuscleTech for ~34 for 5/6 lbs. There are various sources online and I recall Optimum Nutrition as mixing easily and not tasting like chalk. As a personal preference I usually buy vanilla when/if I am supplementing. My reasoning is that I can add things like No Sugar Added Apple Sauce or a Banana for taste with out adding a huge amount of calories. The Cookies and Cream is probably going to taste like Cookies and Cream no matter what you add.

YMMV

With having 2 kids & a hubby there is a couple days out of the week I simply dont have time to cook something healthy & hates being temped by there fast food... So I thought this could help me... Thank you for the info..