Healthy snacking options??

Options
JHB2011
JHB2011 Posts: 153 Member
I am headed off to the grocery store shortly, and I am looking for healthy snacking options.
With my work schedule, I don't have a consistent time to eat lunch or dinner daily, so I usually get hungry for something during my work hours.
Please let me know if you have any suggestions or recipes!
Thanks MFP! <3

Replies

• I_get_fit
    I_get_fit Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with berries and honey, apple with peanut butter and cinnamon, whole grain crackers and laughing cow cheese wedges, string cheese and fruit, hard boiled eggs, celery and peanut butter.... the list could go on...

Check out the search button, this topic has been talked about many times before :wink:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Baby carrots, celery sticks, yogurt, raw almonds, those are the ones I use :)
  • CFoxx
    CFoxx Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow. Thanks a bunch. Happy New Year.:flowerforyou:
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Pretty much any veggie. I always peel/cut mine right when I get home. That way I can just grab it and go. It makes it just as easy as a bag of chips or fruit snacks. My personal favorite is bell peppers.
  • piari
    piari Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I recommend fruits! I eat tons and tons of grapes and berries as snacks; they're so good.
    Veggies are great too, of course. Nuts are high in calories, but are very healthy.
  • TourThePast
    TourThePast Posts: 1,753 Member
    Options
    With my work schedule, I don't have a consistent time to eat lunch or dinner daily, so I usually get hungry for something during my work hours
    My advice is to discuss this problem with your employer, rather than looking for snack ideas.

Not being able to take even ten minutes to eat a packed lunch is a serious matter which can have damaging effects on your health, here in the UK half an hour is a legal minimum, and for good reason.
  • BeckiCharlotte135
    Options
    Carrots are definitely my favourite. Or, if you're looking for something to have for breakfast/brunch that'll keep you going for a long time but best for someone who's exercising too. Try this out:

Blend together,

1 banana
    1 apple
    handful of pumpkin seeds
    3 tbsp of porridge oats
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    And milk, add milk so mixture is to a thick milkshake like consistency!

hope this helps.
  • dedarlin
    dedarlin Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i just recently heard someone say to roast garbonzo beans (out of the can)
    she rinses and drains them, then puts them on a cookie sheet at 450 for 30 minutes,
    they come out crunchy :)
    she suggested tossing them with a smidge of olive oil and cinnamon and splenda brown sugar
    or olive oil and garlic powder, or mrs. dash? depends on if you're wanting a little sweet, or a little salty :)
    i am def gonna try this as soon as i get to the store!