Consistent exerciser but need accountability with food.

Options
Looking for friends for support and to keep each other on track. Nearing 50 and have always been good with exercise. However, the discipline has not always translated to the nutrition side.

Replies

• loupoulain
    Options
    New here also! I had a good 2011, overall, although I've backslid a little bit this fall. But one technique that kept me honest with myself is that I weighed myself every single day first thing in the morning, and wrote it down. I charted my weight on an Excel spreadsheet, and over the months I recognized some patterns. That was helpful. I took the Tuesday weight as my "official" weight of the week, and graphed that weight, and published it on the wall of my cubicle as my exercise in accountability. That was particularly useful. I also read a phenomenally good book by David Kessler called "An End to Overeathing," which gave me some understanding of my food compulsions.

Hang in. You are NOT alone.
    Lou in Sunnyvale CA USA
  • sarahrhodes91
    Options
    I have the same problem, I have always been active but I cannot seem to put the potato chips down! I'm hoping to find some fitnesspals to help me stay on track!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. Worked out hard 3 - 4 days per week but kept on gaining weight.

Once I found MFP and started to adjust my eating habits. The weight fell off!

Best of luck on your journey!
  • rockchalkgrove
    rockchalkgrove Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me! I love to workout, but get a little restless at times with my nutrition! WE CAN DO THIS!!