Day 1

Options
Today is first day of the new me. I no longer can let me self go on looking the way I do. Today starts the rest of my life. I know it's going to take will power and lots of hard work but I think I'm finally ready to commit to finding a better me. I'm so disgusted with the way I look I can barely look in the mirror any more. Getting dressed each morning it a nightmare and shopping for clothes is torture. Shopping used to be my favorite past time but now I hate it. I can't wait to start seeing a change and feeling better about my self. I must stick with this. I will not give up. I will look better. My goal: my birthday (April 16th - 3 months and 13 days) to loose 20 lbs. Lets. Do. This!

I'm new to the MFP world and would love to get some support and motivation!

Replies

• gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I completely understand. Back in August, I realized I was almost 10# heavier than I was at my highest weight while pregnant and it was a wake-up call. I have not enjoyed shopping for years - I would go in the dressing room and look in the full length mirrors and sob. I had a hard time finding anything to fit because of my wonky exaggerated pear shaped figure (or butternut squash, as I used to say).

I started using MFP faithfully, logging every bite every single day. I also started exercising. The weight is coming off slowly due to some medication I take for my heart that dramatically slows my heart rate, makes it very difficult to elevate it into that "fat burning" zone, but I've lost 21#, am down 2 pant sizes, and feel so much better about myself. I still have more to go, but I feel so much better and better about myself than I have in years. My teenage daughters are proud of me and their positive feedback means more than anything to me.

All the best in your endeavors. Thanks for friending me. I'll try to be a positive support for you in your efforts.
  • RebeccaGSK
    RebeccaGSK Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it....:)
  • Prozack1964
    Options
    hello and welcome here hope you have a great day